The Two Towers (extended DVD) content news
Isn't it interesting how most of the "spoilers" have the book-fans saying "Well of course, how could they NOT have that in there?".

I'm glad to see more of Eomer (who was robbed, imo). He's one of my more favorites, and I was unimpressed that such a good casting of his role got so little screen-time (not to mention losing most of his dialog to Theoden).

More of Sean Bean is never a bad thing. He does Boromir to a "T". Any linking of him with his brother and father would be something worth seeing.

More singing! That's a good thing. So far we've only been treated to one Hobbit beer-drinking song, and a snippet of the Lay of Luthien (at a very mumbled volume). Considering the amount of lyrical content in the actual books... I'm happy about any inclusions.

Quote:her unrequited passion for visiting warrior Aragorn (Viggo Mortensen) is further inflamed when he tames an unruly horse by whispering sweet nothings in Elvish.

What IS it about Equines and the feminine lust potential? I just don't get it. Zoom, over my head. Or am I on a tangent here? Is it more to do with Aragorn displaying empathy? Women love to have an empathic partner? 30+ years of dealing with the opposite sex... and I'm still at a loss. :blink:

Ent-draught and Gondorian ale. Yeah, I can live with that.

Quote:The most surprising revelation in the longer Two Towers? That hale-and-hunksome Aragorn is 87 years old.

Not surprising to anyone that actually picked up the books.

Good stuffs! Will no doubt follow in the vein of the Fellowship's extended version (ie: You'll never watch the other shorter version again).
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.

Messages In This Thread
The Two Towers (extended DVD) content news - by Nicodemus Phaulkon - 06-13-2003, 03:33 PM