Should blizzard remove trash timers?
I think by now everyone has their opinion on what constitutes "good" trash clear and "bad" trash clears.

In the "good category" I would include Attumen, Hydross, Fathom-Lord Karathress. Of the trash clears I've personally experienced, the Ouro-C'thun march stands out as the worst. My guild never killed C'thun and one of the reasons was difficulty motivating people to spend a couple of hours killing trash mobs just to get to the boss.

I think BWL is an example where the balance between trash packs and bosses was just about right. You could hit two bosses right away before running into any significant trash packs, then you had the gauntlet before the Broodlord. The technician packs took a bit of learning, but once they were down, you got two easy bosses as a reward.

My current guild is working on Lady Vashj at the moment, and its very nice to not have to factor in respawn timers into our calculations.

I think Gurgthock from Elitist Jerks felt that 15 minutes of trash clearing before a boss was about the right balance, and I'm inclined to agree. I think question of respawn timers depends entirely on the time and difficulty required to kill the trash; if its a short, straightforward clear (Attumen) I don't mind. If it's long and dangerous (like the rumours I've heard about Kael'Thas trash...) I want it to stay dead.

Chris

Messages In This Thread
Should blizzard remove trash timers? - by Kevin - 09-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Should blizzard remove trash timers? - by Klaus - 09-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Should blizzard remove trash timers? - by q4m - 09-25-2007, 05:33 PM
Should blizzard remove trash timers? - by Icebird - 09-26-2007, 03:21 AM
Should blizzard remove trash timers? - by --Pete - 09-28-2007, 12:19 AM
Should blizzard remove trash timers? - by Kevin - 09-28-2007, 01:37 AM
Should blizzard remove trash timers? - by --Pete - 09-28-2007, 01:46 AM