California Teen Cell Phone Use Ban While Driving
Quote:(which will segue very nicely into a further tirade about "Cadillac Deville" Deval Patrick, at which point I will spiral out of control and land somewhere in Wonderland).

Definitely don't want that, Wonderland is a terrible place. That is, unless you actually like dog racing.:P

Quote:I see your point, Kandrathe, but I also see Munkay's. I always try to see ALL sides of an issue, even if I don't agree with any of them. Again, because I am honestly curious, do you really have a problem with seatbelt and helmet laws? If so, why? Is it simply for the sake of being against authoritarian control, or is it because you believe in a more Darwin-esque approach to life?;)Not trying to bait you in any way, just sparking a conversation. I'm intrigued.:)

For me, I'm a big fan of personal freedoms. Legislating common sense does little to solve the problem; people are going to continue to do logic defying tomfoolery whether its legal or illegal. But in this case I draw the line at operating a motor vehicle. If it were only an issue of a few trees making friends with their front bumper, I'd be on the fence. But since one persons misjudgment can result in severe consequences in other peoples lives, I'm for a law like this (arguments about fairness of age-specific laws aside).

In fairness, I see Kandrathe's rebuttal, a law isn't going to stop boneheads from being boneheads. But I agree with TheDragoon's acute point, there are more than a handful of law abiding citizens yakking away on their cell phones. And I do believe a law would discourage, and prevent more than a handful of people from operating a vehicle while on a cellphone.

Cheers,

Munk

Messages In This Thread
California Teen Cell Phone Use Ban While Driving - by Munkay - 09-21-2007, 03:26 AM