Lurker Below woes
My guild recently ventured into SSC for the first time to take on Lurker Below. We did enough attempts such that we had to clear to him twice and at the end of the night I really felt like we had made no headway. This is unusual for our guild because we have yet to not get any boss on our first night of attempts (Prince, Nightbane, Maulgar, Gruul, VR). This leads me to believe that somehow our strategy was flawed. Here's what we did:

1. MT in the water, tanking Lurker. No problems here. Prevents any sort of nasty OT-aggro-juggling business. Extra healing seems inconsequential.
2. One tank, one Warlock/Hunter and various DPS assigned to each island. Adds spawn, MT grabs one melee add, Mages sheep the other two. Island mobs are dealt with. One trapped/feared, other tank-n-spanked. Second one tank-n-spanked. All DPS moves to the MT target, OT grabs a second melee mob. MT's target downed, OT's target downed, Lurker comes back. MT resumes his position. This is the first point of discrepancy. We were waiting until after the first spout post-emerge to DPS the third add down. Someone reported that if you keep it perma-sheeped, the next add wave will only spawn two melee mobs. This sounds like a possible exploit but we were never able to even confirm it.

Our main problem was losing people in the add phase. The melee mobs had a tendency to get off at least one cleave before being sheeped which resulted in lots of death. The Mages want the island tanks to taunt the melee mobs to hold them still while they sheep. The problem I see with this is Rogues/EnhShaman trying to tank the island mobs. A few of us think the Mages are just sucking but we'd rather not tell them that until we really know for sure:whistling:

tl;dr : Need some tips on Lurker Below, too many people are dying on the add phase.
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune

Messages In This Thread
Lurker Below woes - by ima_nerd - 09-12-2007, 07:38 PM
Lurker Below woes - by vor_lord - 09-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Lurker Below woes - by Klaus - 09-12-2007, 08:55 PM
Lurker Below woes - by Skandranon - 09-12-2007, 09:06 PM
Lurker Below woes - by Kevin - 09-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Lurker Below woes - by ima_nerd - 09-13-2007, 03:14 AM
Lurker Below woes - by ima_nerd - 09-17-2007, 01:15 AM
Lurker Below woes - by Bolty - 09-17-2007, 02:32 AM
Lurker Below woes - by ima_nerd - 09-17-2007, 04:29 PM
Lurker Below woes - by Tal - 09-17-2007, 04:32 PM