Upcoming games that makes me glad I'm a species born with opposabl
Quote:Of course, if you want to forego all that copy protection malarky and have the game available for you on whatever number of computers you have access too (And are meaty enough to run it), then buy it on Steam. Simple as that. Set up a Steam account if you haven't got one already, buy Bioshock, then run a Steam backup of Bioshock and only Bioshock, burning the backup file on a DVD-R.

Of course, the problem with that is the additional copyprotection is still in place with the Steam version. So you get pay a bit of a premium to get a game that's supposed to be easily transferable between computers with steam, except... you don't.

The other problem that's reared its head is that if you're, for whatever reason, unable to do a proper uninstall, that game will forever count towards your only 2 installations allowed (halfway down the page) quota until you call SecureROM yourself. The most frequent encounter with this problem is people formatting to clean up their systems to play the game, and then being unable to install. Also, for some silly reason, if you dual boot XP and Vista, that counts as both your installs, so if you have that + a laptop, too bad.

The ultimate irony is the 360 version already has a crack out:P

That's my major concern. The other is DX9, because all the reviewers undoubtedly have DX10 versions, and the other people I've talked to running DX9 are "meh" about the "uber graphics", and choppy. But I was interested in hearing from anyone here who's played it and loved it, c'mon I know you have to exist :lol:

Messages In This Thread
Upcoming games that makes me glad I'm a species born with opposabl - by Pantalaimon - 08-23-2007, 08:22 PM