BlizzCon: New content playable on Friday
Well that's an awful lot of speculation considering we have probably a year to go. Their exact level of tanking abilities is totally unknown.

Quote:I guess what will happen next is what happened to Feral Druids and S Priests in TBC. They wanted people to play hybrids as non-healbots, they achieved that by over-powering them, then they nerfed them back into line. I'm expecting that is how they will bring Death Knights in as a popular class

The nerfs to druids were cosmetic and overhyped. Everything that a druid could do before the nerf they could do after. They still had the same basic advantages compared to warriors, just the numbers were a bit lower. They also reitemized the sets - essentially giving back what they took.

The one substantive nerf to shadow priests I can recall (VT % reduction) didn't hurt the priest herself that much or make it less fun to play.

Quote:We may also be heading to a more Diablo 2 style of play. In Diablo 2 you don't especially need the other 7 players to play a specific role since the characters are self-sufficient. I'm guessing DKs will have some sort of life leech and play a little like early D2 Barbarians where you rely on damage + life leech for non-stop killing fun. Blood runes possibly suggest this and it's an answer to the issue of lack of healers. We did RFK once with 5 Warriors,

Some sort of life leach might be a good thing, but acting like it can really replace a healer is a bit of a stretch. Feral druids have a passive life regen, it doesn't change anything much on most fights.

I'd wait at least until there is a guided demo being shown to the media before making long lists of things to do to prepare for DK.

Messages In This Thread
BlizzCon: New content playable on Friday - by q4m - 08-01-2007, 09:39 PM
BlizzCon: New content playable on Friday - by q4m - 08-06-2007, 11:48 PM
BlizzCon: New content playable on Friday - by oldmandennis - 08-08-2007, 06:31 PM
BlizzCon: New content playable on Friday - by Tal - 08-09-2007, 03:02 AM