I'm a Wii bit sore and a Wii bit tired as well.
My youngest nephew got a Wii (but not Wii Fit) for Christmas. It looks like a lot of fun for certain things. But I must admit I was surprised to hear my sisters talking about the exercise he was getting standing in front of the TV swinging the remote around. One sister is a nurse and the other teaches PE. This is a kid who plays organized sports, rides bikes, skates, bounces around on the trampoline, and eats like there is no tomorrow. I'm not seeing it. I joined him for a couple games and got less exercise than I would playing the piano.

I always laugh about things like Ab Lounge commercials, because anyone who has the discipline to do situps for even 30 seconds a day doesn't need the machine and anyone who can't do situps for 30 seconds every day will not use the machine more than a couple times. The key to any workout big or small is actually doing it. If it takes a video game to provide that competitive edge, then so be it. It's kind of depressing though, especially for people under the age of 70 or so. :P

Messages In This Thread
I'm a Wii bit sore and a Wii bit tired as well. - by Nystul - 12-29-2008, 03:42 AM