John Rambo
Quote:Call me weird, but I don't get the "Yay, somebody died in a gruesome way, it's cool!" attitude.

Weird! :P

But more seriously, I don't think there's anything wrong with your opinions on violence. In fact, civilization as a whole would benefit much more from people like you.

Quote:Opinion above based on the Rambo trailer and comments, so I might be totally wrong about the movie, though I doubt it.

We'll have to wait and see. Stalone in his old age has become a bit more introspective. Rocky VI was much less about the small underdog getting in the ring and pounding the crap out of the bigger guy than the earlier films. The film focused more on the character of Rocky, and his revelations about the past. Of course there was the boxing match itself, but it didn't have the same feel as say Rocky II when he got in the ring with Apollo Creed for a rematch.

Like DeeBye mentioned, it's possible the trailer contains the bulk of the action (which could not be said for the earlier Rambo movies). Then again, it may just be another Rambo III.

I won't lie, I do hope it ends up more like Rambo III than Rocky VI. But I'm of a different persuation, I enjoy a good clean hard hit in football, rugby, lacrosse and hockey. And I love a good violent movie from time to time.

Cheers,

Munk

Messages In This Thread
John Rambo - by Mithrandir - 05-23-2007, 06:36 AM
John Rambo - by DeeBye - 05-24-2007, 02:47 AM
John Rambo - by Mithrandir - 05-24-2007, 08:41 AM
John Rambo - by Munkay - 05-24-2007, 11:17 PM
John Rambo - by NuurAbSaal - 05-29-2007, 01:04 PM
John Rambo - by Munkay - 05-29-2007, 06:31 PM
John Rambo - by NuurAbSaal - 05-30-2007, 12:46 AM