Vanguard Open Beta
Quote:Xi, there is little difference between this and what happened when the X-pack to D2 came out. All the gear that ppl collected in the pre-X-pack D2 became obsolete immediately upon it's release. Same here. The only difference is that the X-pack came out 1 year after the release of D2, and the BC came out 2 years after.

Blizzard sees no reason to support players who do not buy their expansions. It's good business.

-A

ps. Sorry VG did not work out. I know you were looking forward to it.

There is actually a huge difference between D2+Expansion and WoW+Expansion. Both games are PVP enabled (for those, like me, who made the mistake of playing on a WoW PVP server) but the non-segregated BC players will have a gank/grief fest more than before with their easy to upgrade gear. The race to 70 to avoid being caught in the gank-fest ruins the fun for would be immersion oriented players on PVP servers. Anyway, I don't really care to discuss BC since I never entertained the idea of buying it. ;)

As far as VG is concerned, I still have not formed an opinion (I didn't play much over the weekend). There are still a lot of bugs in the game and some classes are better to solo with for those who don't always have the time to group with friends. I don't know how it is at higher levels, but so far grouping does not require huge chunks of time. The quests can take as long as the player wants since replacing group members is not an issue with the lack of instancing. You might be surprised to hear this from me, but I am having just as much fun with my tank (orc dread knight) as I am with my sorceress (mordebi).

Messages In This Thread
Vanguard Open Beta - by Xiuhcoatl - 01-18-2007, 05:54 PM
Vanguard Open Beta - by Selby - 01-19-2007, 12:45 AM
Vanguard Open Beta - by DeeBye - 01-19-2007, 05:27 AM
Vanguard Open Beta - by Selby - 01-19-2007, 06:26 AM
Vanguard Open Beta - by SwissMercenary - 01-19-2007, 07:09 AM
Vanguard Open Beta - by ima_nerd - 01-19-2007, 03:39 PM
Vanguard Open Beta - by Xiuhcoatl - 01-20-2007, 02:19 PM
Vanguard Open Beta - by ima_nerd - 01-20-2007, 04:00 PM
Vanguard Open Beta - by Ashock - 01-22-2007, 03:51 PM
Vanguard Open Beta - by Xiuhcoatl - 01-22-2007, 07:39 PM