what level and race are you guys....?
Quote:Meh, if you have a shield up so you can get off a Mind Flay when the mob reaches melee range, you won't need Vamp Touch. Not to mention spirit tap actually increases Spirit, not mana regen, so your HP fills up rather fast as well.

My spell order from 40-60 was Shield+MB+SW:P+MF+MF+MF+Wand. By the time I ran to the next mob, full mana or really freakin' close.

I suppose it really depends on where and how you are leveling. for my priest from 49+ i've just been farming undead in plaguelands. generally there is little to no running involved so for me to keep up killing with no downtime i need to manage mana a little more closely. I usually can get off MB/Vampiric Touch+SW:P+Mindflay and just as the MF finishes hit my shield as they take their first swing (or the first frostbolt comes at me.

with 1 opener (MB or VT), SW:P, and 2 MF i get them down to below half when i start Wanding. in general, because spirit tap also helps with health regen, I prefer to lose some health from mistiming my shield or it running out than for me to burn extra mana taking down an enemy. It's also more important, in areas like the Wplagueland fields to be able to start the next fight as soon as possible because many times there are other people around competing for the same kills.

(also i'm refering to Vamp Touch, not Vampiric Embrace. Touch is the 40 point talant that does DOT and restores mana for shadow damage, Embrace is the health for shadow spell damage.)

Messages In This Thread
what level and race are you guys....? - by Tal - 01-15-2007, 11:00 PM
what level and race are you guys....? - by Delc - 01-15-2007, 11:11 PM
what level and race are you guys....? - by Mirajj - 01-15-2007, 11:34 PM
what level and race are you guys....? - by Zippyy - 01-16-2007, 03:45 PM
what level and race are you guys....? - by Alram - 01-16-2007, 10:23 PM
what level and race are you guys....? - by q4m - 01-17-2007, 08:45 PM
what level and race are you guys....? - by Chesspiece_face - 01-18-2007, 02:32 AM
what level and race are you guys....? - by Guest - 02-23-2007, 08:35 AM