Happy birthday [wcip]Angel
Quote:... or in April. Human females have a 9 month gestation period. According to my unabridged Disney guide to sex, Twitterpation is a spring ritual.

Actually, depending on the source, gestation is closer to 40 weeks than 9 months (caution: math follows):
40w * 7d/w= 280 days, while
9m * 365.25d/12m = 273.9 days

YGMV... mine was about 35 weeks, my son's was about 39 (and he was considered slightly early according to the OB/GYN).

While I can't say I'm in the same situation as [wcip]Angel, my birthday is the 15th of December, which coincided with the first night of Hanukkah this year, and that happens to be the holiday of choice in our house so I do have some frame of reference. I have also noticed that the birthday (and holiday) presents decrease as I get closer to the middle of the 20-40 demographic (though this last Hanukkah was complicated by having an 8 month old who monopolized the present market from both his grandmothers, and his mother (I swear, the kid out-received me 6:1, and all he can do is crawl over to something and shove it in his mouth. It's like I no longer exist).

The birthday thing doesn't really bother me though, I've never sought to draw attention to myself, and I never saw why my birthday should be any different. I got a birthday card this year that I really appreciated. The front depicted the Dali Llama opening a gift, and the caption read "Just what I always wanted: nothing!!" While I can't claim to be as enlightened as to have completely eliminated desire from my life, all I really want for my birthday is some quiet time to collect myself and get ready for the coming year.
but often it happens you know / that the things you don't trust are the ones you need most....
Opening lines of "Psalm" by Hey Rosetta!

Messages In This Thread
Happy birthday [wcip]Angel - by --Pete - 12-25-2006, 01:31 AM
Happy birthday [wcip]Angel - by [wcip]Angel - 12-25-2006, 10:07 PM
Happy birthday [wcip]Angel - by Rhydderch Hael - 12-27-2006, 07:13 AM
Happy birthday [wcip]Angel - by kandrathe - 12-27-2006, 01:47 PM
Happy birthday [wcip]Angel - by Maitre - 01-02-2007, 02:09 PM