I am formulating a diabolical plan.
Quote:You really think that's going to result in them giving more? Or is this just a stunt to 'get back' at the upper crust regardless of the result?

Sounds like you're going to be pushing away the people who have the highest potential to make a large impact. I know I certainly wouldn't drop a big sum of charity money after being duped like that.

The idea itself is fine, sans the trickery. Make it a public event, let it be known and then ask people why they won't partake in such an event. Treating people poorly is only going to result in making you more poor - especially where it matters, in the foodbank.

Cheers,

Munk

You are of course, partially correct. I will give you that.

That said, do you understand how hard it is to give away dozens of cans of glazed carrots or generic dollar store canned peas that nobody wants, people don't want to take, and it winds up taking up shelf space where better food could be stored? Ever tried to give away a can of stewed oysters? What exactly does one do with hundreds of cans of dollar store value brand bamboo shoots and sliced water chestnuts? Do you have any clue how many man hours are wasted having people sort through the canned goods and removing all of the cans of dog and cat food that wind up being slipped in? People do that intentionally! What exactly does one do with an entire flat of canned pork livers? Would you eat it? How about canned pork brains in milk? Anybody hungry yet? Who wants cans of beef tripe? Mmmm tripe, it is what's for dinner.

It may be difficult to understand, but there are actually donations that hurt the food banks.

And I would love to sit down and feed these people some of the "vittles" they donated. It is their way of insulting and injuring the poor.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."

Messages In This Thread
I am formulating a diabolical plan. - by Doc - 11-09-2006, 06:22 PM
I am formulating a diabolical plan. - by Zippyy - 11-09-2006, 07:42 PM
I am formulating a diabolical plan. - by Roland - 11-09-2006, 08:55 PM
I am formulating a diabolical plan. - by Doc - 11-09-2006, 09:28 PM
I am formulating a diabolical plan. - by Munkay - 11-09-2006, 09:40 PM
I am formulating a diabolical plan. - by Doc - 11-09-2006, 10:02 PM
I am formulating a diabolical plan. - by eppie - 11-12-2006, 11:11 AM