I am formulating a diabolical plan.
Ok. So, I have this evil plan bubbling away in my brain to pull a holiday stunt. A social statement. Maybe social punishment. And I need some opinions, maybe even ideas to make it, well, more evil.

This is the time of year where people are asked to donate to food banks and what not. And it strikes me that the people that can afford to give the most tend to give the least, and the ones that can afford the least tend to give the most. The poorer folks not only tend to donate more food, but better food. Perhaps because many of them have had to get food from food banks and realise just how awful food bank donations can be.

So, I started plotting, how do I punish those that should be giving more, and giving better? I am devious, and plotting is in my nature. And after a lot of coffee I started perculating a plan for a little justice.

My plan is simple. Contact the elite and high society types with an offer. A small donation of food will secure for them an invitation for a black tie formal social affair. Probably at the Hyatt ballroom or someplace overly fancy and prickish. A big charity ball where the society reporters are bound to show up and people will be lining up to donate food and get in because they want the public to know just how good they are and that by giving away that dusty swollen can of creamed corn from the very back corner of the pantry shelf makes them some glorious saint. Er, back on track. People will want to go because it will be a chance for them to show the world just how good they are. People will bring entire flats of creamed carrots with Asian writing on the can bought from the surplus dollar store just to get bragging rights that they brought the most food.

Anyhow, my plan is to hold the food drive a week or two before the actual formal dinner.

And then the plan goes devious. Take all of the food collected during the food drive, and use the very worst of it to make dinner for the people coming to the black tie formal event. Serve them the very crap they want to pass off on the poor. And let them know what they are eating. And when they don't want to eat it, pointedly ask them why would they donate food they wouldn't eat themselves to the poor and expect them to eat it. Because, you know, I am an asshole and all that.

And to be a real bastard, have a photo-op planned before the actual dinner, so I can get the faces of everyone involved, the names, all of which they will gladly give because they think they are being toasted for being the high and mighty saints that they are, and then maybe, just maybe, run some stuff through whatever media outlets about how these people refused to eat the food they themselves donated to the poor. A long list of faces and names. Because, you know, punishment just isn't punishment with out embarassment and pain.

So. Any thoughts, opinions, or improvements on the plan?
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."

Messages In This Thread
I am formulating a diabolical plan. - by Doc - 11-09-2006, 06:22 PM
I am formulating a diabolical plan. - by Zippyy - 11-09-2006, 07:42 PM
I am formulating a diabolical plan. - by Roland - 11-09-2006, 08:55 PM
I am formulating a diabolical plan. - by Doc - 11-09-2006, 09:28 PM
I am formulating a diabolical plan. - by Munkay - 11-09-2006, 09:40 PM
I am formulating a diabolical plan. - by Doc - 11-09-2006, 10:02 PM
I am formulating a diabolical plan. - by eppie - 11-12-2006, 11:11 AM