Internet Explorer 7 available for download
Quote:I second that Doc. Realplayer hasn't been on my computer since I upgraded from Win 2k to Win Xp. I remember it being possibly one of the worst programs (this of course has been eclipsed by a miriad of other programs since).

DeeBye, thanks for reminding me of the future auto-update problem. Does the new IE take up any more memory than ie. 6? Currently I have a older computer running for my mothers use. It's already slow as molases, and would like to keep it from getting anymore bogged down.

Cheers,

Munk

Problem is, even though Real Time in Quick Time is a thousand times more stable, .rm files are the cause of instability. My god those things suck.

Once I looked at my system resources because an .rm file playing in QT was making everything bog down. Damn thing was using almost a half gig of memory and growing. I killed QT and the system recovered nicely.

I LOATHE pages that autoload some real player file. Is there even a point any more with embedded flash players like youtube?

Since I started using nothing but mostly open source stuff with OSX Tiger, all of my instability problems have pretty much gone away. Firefox, Camino, various open source bits of this and that, and text edit is just about the best word processor ever and it comes free with OSX.

At times, I am a very busy man. And I require that stuff just works. And I must depend on that stuff to keep working and maintain my data with no losses. I don't need any headaches, or unexpected stuff coming up, or security problems, or whatever. Don't need malware or some random virus disrupting me.

I have only recently made the move from OS9 to OSX, now that OSX has finally matured. And it is bulletproof.

Reliability takes a lot of the stress out of my life...
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."

Messages In This Thread
Internet Explorer 7 available for download - by Doc - 10-20-2006, 02:14 AM