So, I'm starting a Shaman
Due to those lovable financial difficulties life seems to be infested with, I'm unable to play WoW for now (word of advice: stay well away from Western Digital hard drives), though I haven't stopped theorycrafting in my spare time. Being somewhat disgusted with the path that Burning Crusade is taking Warriors, I've decided to start up a Shaman when I get back, and possibly a Blood Elf Paladin when BC comes out.

The talent spec I'm toying with is here. It's what I'd think is a somewhat unorthodox 30/21 Enhancement/Restoration build.

My basic thoughts on talent choices are a combination of melee and healing, and an emphasis on the buff totems. Knowing full well how downright sick a Windfury Totem proc combined with the +88 STR Strength of Earth buff can be, I've chosen talents that make frequent (re)casting of totems practical, as well as getting the talent to add another ten yards to the reach of the buff totems. Flurry, Weapon Mastery, and Elemental Weapons increase my ability to rip things apart in melee, while Healing Focus, Tidal Mastery, and Nature's Swiftness give me the ability to keep myself and groupmates alive, while also giving me the option to belt out a quick Chain Lightning or Lightning Bolt if I find the need for a little extra DPS. I've also elected to keep Improved Ghost Wolf, since this allows me increased mobility (especially with the rank 8 boots), which I would consider highly important for keeping my totems in proper positions, and it further lessens dependance on Nature's Swiftness for rapid shifts, allowing me to use that NS for a heal or nuke instead. Assuming this would be a feasible talent spec, the next choice comes down to gearing.

It seems to me that it would be most effective to carry both a DPS and a healing set, rather than trying to mix the two together (since that would create a set that would give me both subpar healing and subpar DPS.) However, even when in healing gear, I'm still looking to maintain effective DPS, which means I'll still be using a two-hander, and I'll probably focus more on stacking INT and MP/5 over spellpower and healing power.

I've made a profile over at ctprofiles with my ideas; the Main Profile would be an example of my DPS setup, while the Healing Gear profile would predictably be my healing setup. Both profiles include things from ZG, AQ20, and PvP up to rank 10.

The DPS setup gives me:

25.50% crit
622 AP
+4% Chance to Hit
+11 MP/5
3990 HP
4462 MP
6.50% Spell Crit (10.50% for healing and lightning spells)
+26 Spellpower

The healing gear setup gives me:

12.75% crit
466 AP
+59 MP/5
4085 HP
5917 MP
10.95% Spell Crit (14.95% for healing and lightning spells)
+113 Spellpower
+264 Healpower

The profile is located here.

ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.

Messages In This Thread
So, I'm starting a Shaman - by Artega - 09-14-2006, 10:11 PM
So, I'm starting a Shaman - by Delc - 09-15-2006, 04:37 PM
So, I'm starting a Shaman - by Artega - 09-16-2006, 09:33 PM