After the Paladin/Shaman thing: time to tear down the faction wall
Quote:But oldmandennis also has a point regarding the unbalanced faction ratio on many servers and what it would mean for fighting over ressources. This strengthens my point: away with the Horde/Alliance factions and implementing free for all PvP. No factions, no faction imbalance. As I pointed out above it would also help with raiding competition, economy and community issues in general.
If they implemented free-for-all PvP, Azeroth would go absolutely mad! I know there are a few horde players that I'd be hunting relentlessly.

Also, to say that PvP is boring and abysmal is, IMO, technically incorrect. The honor grind is boring and abysmal. PvP was - and still is to a degree - player driven content. You want PvP? Go and find it! If you manage to extricate yourself from the honor/faction grind, it can still be like that, where you're doing something not because of the rewards but for the pure pleasure of it. I still hold hopes for the changes to the honor system being implemented in the Burning Crusade.

For myself, if you removed the faction wall you would, ironically, remove a lot of the community aspect of the game. Competing and fighting with the opposing faction - and the innevitable forum trash talking - is where I feel most grounded in my server's community. If you replaced that with a free-for-all environment it would its "focus" with players living in constant fear of everyone and no sense of "them and us" scenario that makes PvP so enjoyable.

Suffice to say, if you remove the factional PvP without replacing it with something better, you'll be removing the only reason I still play this game. I doubt people like myself are the majority, but I'm sure there are plenty of us.

PS. You say that death has no consequences like someone who has never been camped or forced someon to use the spirit rezzer*.

*I don't condone the actions. Well, not too much anyway. :shuriken:
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink

Messages In This Thread
After the Paladin/Shaman thing: time to tear down the faction wall - by Watto44 - 08-07-2006, 03:25 AM