After the Paladin/Shaman thing: time to tear down the faction wall
Quote:However, the flaw in WoW PvP, as you alluded to, was the lack of being able to truly harm your opponent. You suggested that players should be penalized in some way for dying. That would be a horrible method for not the least reason that certain classes tend to get targeted and killed more often than other classes.

Good point. Haven't experienced "real" PvP for so long, that I didn't thought of that. Also it would disproportionally benefit stealth classes like rogues and druids who can pick their fights. Another problem would be the death of PvE specs, since no one would pick them, if losing in PvP would mean some real penalty.

So agreed you have good point here.

But oldmandennis also has a point regarding the unbalanced faction ratio on many servers and what it would mean for fighting over ressources. This strengthens my argumentation above: away with the Horde/Alliance factions and implementing free for all PvP. No factions, no faction imbalance. As I pointed out it would also help with raiding competition, economy and community issues in general.
Melisandre: http://ctprofiles.net/371601

I'm not an addict ... maybe that's a lie.

Messages In This Thread
After the Paladin/Shaman thing: time to tear down the faction wall - by Hedon - 08-07-2006, 02:10 AM