Burning Crusade Will Introduce Difficulty Settings
Quote:40+ Up = Talent points 32-41 in each talent tree, which can be spent beginning at 41?

5 Spells and Abilities = A mistranslation that there will be 5 new sets of spells and abilities at levels 62, 64, 66, 68, and 70? It doesn't make any sense at all that each class gets exactly 5 new spells and abilities, unless they're just adding one new ability at each level, which seems a little weird.

Whatever the meaning, there have to be spells and abilities for levels 41-60 simply because of the new talent trees. I do wish Blizzard would just release some of this in a press release though, to end this speculating at garbled translations. Even something like a label-less picture of a 41 point talent tree would be very welcome.
As Concillian said, the talents are beyond the skill changed. I also remember them saying that the talents would not be restricted by levels, so they would be available to all. I'm kinda worried about the talents for a similar reason to Concillian. A few classes have crazy abilities from getting a single talent point more. They will have to be very careful to make the 41 point talent to be better than those combinations while not making them overpowered. Then again, they're reworking the trees, so some 30 point talents could move up theoretically (though that's doubtful).

As for the abilities, I don't have a link, but it was said that new skills wouldn't be added starting at 60, but actually at level 40. There are not many new skills that I can think of that come after level 40, and the few that are there are often quest related and a bit gimmicky (Curse of Doom and Summon infernal are just pet "progression", Tranq shot is a spell added to let them use a new mechanic in the raid game). They said they wanted to add more in the 40-60 range because of this. 5 skills across 30 levels is a bit few to me. Plus, some classes probably need some more than 5 (locks and hunters for example need progression for their pets, and so they should probably get more than the 5 IMO).
Stormrage
Raelynn - Gnome Warlock - Herbalism/Alchemy
Markuun - Tauren Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Aredead - Undead Mage - Tailoring/Enchanting

Dethecus
Gutzmek - Orc Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking

Messages In This Thread
Burning Crusade Will Introduce Difficulty Settings - by Raelynn - 07-30-2006, 08:29 PM