Blizzards asks for your Diablo II Suggestions/Concerns
Here's one that's more realistic than most of my other suggestions: alternate set endings. Especially, and perhaps exclusively for the class-specific sets. What if I want to wear Immortal King but I don't like mauls (I love mauls, but that's beside the point.)? Sooo what if there was an Immortal King's (Glorious Axe) that would complete the set in place of the maul. Same with the M'avina Set, potentially Griswold's Legacy and Aldur's Watchtower as well, but they don't seem quite as...needy in that regard. Barbarians have six weapon disciplines they can train themselves in, but their "ultimate" set has but one weapon. Amazons have two (three) weapon classes, but only one set ending. I'm not saying we should give Amazons an Axe set, but it seems rather natural for them to get Javelins and Spears, neh? Seems like a way to create new items without completely throwing balance out the window like many of the Runewords do (Although who can tell what will come if it's imposed?).

Oh yeah, and in case it was somehow missed, FIX THE LYING CHARACTER SCREEN.

Seriously though, I'd settle for a massive rust-storm, more (deservedly) banned accounts, and some routine maintenance. I know a lot of people on other fora have whined about cheats, hacks, and dupes, but I think the majority of them are lying, either to Blizzard, or to themselves. They do not realize the ramifications of such, since a lot of them have never played the game in a cheat-free environment. I have both thought about it, and played before the cheats were there, so it is with certainty that I can say I liked it better that way. I remember when finding a unique item MEANT something. Now it means you watch four people dash at it and see it hit the ground ten seconds later, identified. Yes, I realize this means that at MOST, people will have maybe two or three of the upper end runewords. And this will be the coffee-addicted guys who play for 10+ hours a day, doing nothing but magic-finding and trading. Unless of course runes are made more common (and I'm all for that, if the current runewords stay in place). There are people that argue that the cheaters and botters make the rare items available to the masses. To what end? So they'll grow bored with the game too fast? The "best" equipment is no longer something that is strived toward. It's something you can go out and get in a week, from scratch, if you know what you're doing. It's disgusting. Let's make it a game again. Let the treasure hunt resume. What's the point in buying a lottery ticket if you've already won?

--me

Messages In This Thread
Blizzards asks for your Diablo II Suggestions/Concerns - by Merlinios - 07-28-2006, 06:50 AM