Pirates of the Caribbean, part Deux
Quote:
If that's a "good" audience, it sounds like your town has a partucularly unpleasant movie-watching crowd. :angry:

Why yes, yes it does. I think I've complained about them in other threads, but here's one of my favorite anecdotes. I went to go see Matrix Reloaded (there's mistake number one) and I literally could not hear the most interesting scene in the movie because if no one is throwing a punch for more than three minutes, the crowd gets bored and starts talking.

I miss my pre-Katrina theater down on the beach. Two-fifty entrance, no one was ever there. It was beautiful.

Quote: Before the new theater opened in our town, we used to drive 45 minutes to see movies in the theater with comfortable stadium seating and good sound, rather than go to the uncomfortable, crackly sound, sticky floor Theater Near Us. Of course, we don't watch a lot of movies, so it's not like we were driving out of town every weekend or something.

I wish. The nearest town of theater-having size is maybe an hour away, by interstate. Not happening at three bucks a gallon.

Quote: I was afraid for the franchise once I knew the success of Curse of the Black Pearl would bring Disney's management/marketing harpies to bear upon the development of the sequels. However, the damage wasn't as bad as I feared— if that can be taken as a hesitant grunt of accord, then take it as you will.

Aye, that sounds about right. I was pleasantly surprised, which doesn't mean a hell of a lot for ANY sequel. Though the film WAS pretty good, I did get the sense that a lot of the characters had lost...something. I think Sparrow lost the most, but since he was the deepest to begin with, it doesn't show as much. Seems like it fleshed out the story behind them, but in doing so, they're no longer the focus as in the first film. The characters and the interaction between them is what made it good, in my opinion. I don't know--I have a headache, and it's making my thoughts rather garbled.

--me

edit: Formatted the quotes wrong--must be bedtime.

Messages In This Thread
Pirates of the Caribbean, part Deux - by Doc - 07-08-2006, 08:36 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean, part Deux - by Doc - 07-08-2006, 10:41 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean, part Deux - by Nystul - 07-08-2006, 10:58 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean, part Deux - by Griselda - 07-09-2006, 01:10 AM
Pirates of the Caribbean, part Deux - by Doc - 07-10-2006, 03:50 AM
Pirates of the Caribbean, part Deux - by Drasca - 07-10-2006, 04:29 AM
Pirates of the Caribbean, part Deux - by Griselda - 07-10-2006, 07:03 AM
Pirates of the Caribbean, part Deux - by Bun-Bun - 07-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean, part Deux - by Nystul - 07-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean, part Deux - by Alram - 07-11-2006, 10:35 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean, part Deux - by Griselda - 07-24-2006, 08:42 PM