Blizzard announces WOW faction-class crossovers
Quote:Blood Elf Paladins by stealing the power of the Light? That crashing sound you can hear is my immersion having a train wreck. If Bliz HAS to give every faction access to every class (bleh) there are better choices than BE's.

YA RLY.

Better choices include the Forsaken (discussed earlier in this thread) and....Orcs! Why Orcs, you might say? Well, at least one famous paladin sees honor among the orcs: http://www.wowwiki.com/Tirion_Fordring

Quote:Realizing that the orc had saved him, Tirion set out and retraced his steps back to the tower. The orc, Eitrigg, told Tirion that before the coming to Azeroth, the orcs had been a noble society rooted in shamanism. After the war, he had left the corrupt Horde. Tirion, seeing great honour in Eitrigg, promised to keep his existence a secret, returning to his people and informing them that the orc had been dealt with and was not a threat.

Tirion goes on to not only bust Eitrigg out of an alliance prison but also heal the orc with the powers blessed by the light when things go sour. Maybe Thrall asked Eitrigg to go find Tirion and bring back knowledge of the light. Eitrigg's a believer because the light saved him in his darkest hour, and Tirion (now running the Brotherhood of Light to combat the Scourge) needs more honorable paladins to aid his cause, so he teaches Eitrigg in the Way of the Light and sends him to teach others.

You know, it kind of ticks me off when I can spend 5 minutes on WoWwiki and find a piece of lore that smoothly integrates things. Feels like Blizzard's not even trying.

Messages In This Thread
Blizzard announces WOW faction-class crossovers - by Monkey - 07-21-2006, 11:33 PM