Blizzard announces WOW faction-class crossovers
I find it interesting that so many people don't know how to play their classes properly in the first place. That statement applies across the board, but especially for Shaman and Paladin.

A lot of Shaman in particular, don't know what they're doing most of the time. The good Shaman players are usually guilded and actively raiding. Same situation for Paladins I would assume, but I stopped playing mine ages ago. If you're on the horde, and you join a pick up group for a UBRS or something, watch the Shaman. If he's unguilded, it's likely he's a noob.

There are only so many good players on any given server. My guild is really feeling that truth because we lost a few key people over time and have been unable to replace them with new recruits. In the expansion, recruiting a few noob Paladins just because we need to fill raid spots with Paladins wont help the raid if they need to l2p.

So the alternative is to have some of our knowledgable players re-roll Paladin. Personally, I've been wanting to get my Human Paladin in a raid, but I can't really leave my Hordies behind, especially considering how much work I've put into the guild and the toon. Considering I'm the Shaman class leader, I doubt I'll get a chance to re-roll. It would inappropriate anyway; my full tier 2 Shaman would greatly outperform any noob blue Paladin that would be the alternative.

This introduction of Horde Paladins and Alliance Shaman really further reduces the amount of good players per class. We have one more class, but the amount of good players remains the same. This might not be a problem for some guilds, but others, it likely will.
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*

Messages In This Thread
Blizzard announces WOW faction-class crossovers - by JustAGuy - 07-21-2006, 09:44 PM