Battleground Multi-Server Battlegroups
Quote:Nope. Tichondrius will pwn all!

This is going to be interesting. I rerolled a character on Aman'Thul - one of the new Oceanic PVE realms. With Battlegroup 9, there is a clear effort to match realms in the Oceanic timezones (all the official Oceanic realms, plus Proudmoor and Blackrock, which were the unofficial Oceanic realms for a long time).

The downside is that my AT character is going to be at a *severe* gear disadvantage vis-a-vis players on Blackrock, Tichondrius etc. One, maybe two guilds are going to MC so far (not bad for a month old server) vs players armed with Naxx gear.

The other downside is the dilution of the community aspect of playing against people on your own server. I'm levelling with a friend so when I'm on and he's not I go to the battlegrounds. There is such a small player pool in my bracket (30-39) that I get to know both the alliance and horde players who show up in every game. Seeing familiar faces is going to become a lot less frequent.

However I just have to look at the situation on Malygos (my other realm), where the Alliance outnumbers the Horde 3 to 1 or more. Alliance queues vary between 30 and 60 minutes; Horde queues are basically non-existent.

One certainty I can tell you: Teams are going to dominate pick-up groups even more than they do now.

Chris

Messages In This Thread
Battleground Multi-Server Battlegroups - by Icebird - 07-15-2006, 09:37 PM
Battleground Multi-Server Battlegroups - by Kevin - 07-19-2006, 09:45 PM