Speaking of Shaman
Quote:Well if you are duoing with a warrior, no matter how much you hate it, you will be doing some healing. Therefore enhancement/resto or elemental/resto is the way to go. Where the synergy comes in though is in totems, and I would favor an enhancement/resto build like 32 enhancement, 19 resto . That warrior is going to want improved strength of earth and improved wind fury totems, and you are going to wreck stuff fast like that. The only things I skip in the enhancement line are weapon mastery, toughness, anticipation, and shield spec. Since you are going to be laying down the totems, the resto side helps out alot with -25% mana on totems from totemic focus. You also pick up 70% uninterruptable healing with healing focus from resto which is important since you will be doing Mongo burst damage and will likely have rockbiter up, pulling aggro from the warrior and forcing you to heal while you are being beat upon. You also can get the nice natures guidance for improved hit.

My feel is that if you are shocking etc from elemental, you will not have mana for totems and healing which come first

As mentioned, so far in the 3 levels we have gained together we pwn so hard that that the only times I have to heal at all are when we are fighting 4 or more mobs at the same time (which is a situation that you can choose to control) or when we are fighting elites that are 3 or 4 levels above us. In all cases if I know I'm healing I can simply not shock to save mana for healing. Or I can drink a potion to get mana back.

Yes, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I thought about a build like the one you mentioned but the thing is if you have two solo viable builds playing together you get some "synergy" just from extra DPS. As mentioned I'm getting the better totems already which is the best thing I can offer a warrior.

I think everyone is underestimating how strong shaman healing is even without talent points behind it though. It's easy to control the situations where you need extra healng or not. Honestly I think the only time I'll feel I'll need resto talents is if I have to main heal a 5 man or if we decide to duo an instance while still level appropriate. For most other situations (questing in the world) talents to up DPS are generally going to be seeing more use. I've yet to run out of mana, even when we were already engaged fighting 2 normal mobs that were -3 levels and were both skilling weapons and then had a +4 elite add on us.

Nah, I think I'm happiest with maxing out the DPS of the shaman since out in the world overwhelming stuff with DPS is generally the best way to go. The healing just cuts downtime. It's not like we can't just run away like any solo player would in a situation where they didn't have enough DPS or healing. We are in the same room when playing and all.:)

The other reason for not thinking we'll need the healing is we have done duo's with warriors/priests (two of these each of us with a warrior and each with a priest), hunter/shaman, mage/warlock, druid/rogue, hunter/priest. In some of those cases the healing class optimized the healing, in some they didn't. The duo's where both classes focused on damage or tanking and just left healing at base, killing was faster and easier and more fun for both players.

So I'm still choosing to believe that a decently geared warrior will never need more healing than what a shaman can provide at base levels and that spending mana on DPS is the best choice. If I were with a mage or lock or maybe a rogue I might change my mind and decide that the resto talents are more important because I'd have to heal a lot more. But with a warrior? Nah.

I'll report back in a few months when our few hours a week running the duo gets us to end game. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.

Messages In This Thread
Speaking of Shaman - by Kevin - 07-10-2006, 10:42 PM
Speaking of Shaman - by Kevin - 07-10-2006, 11:36 PM
Speaking of Shaman - by Urza-DSF - 07-11-2006, 10:07 AM
Speaking of Shaman - by Mavfin - 07-11-2006, 03:44 PM
Speaking of Shaman - by Kevin - 07-11-2006, 06:36 PM
Speaking of Shaman - by Artega - 07-11-2006, 08:29 PM
Speaking of Shaman - by Lok - 07-13-2006, 11:33 AM
Speaking of Shaman - by Kevin - 07-13-2006, 03:07 PM
Speaking of Shaman - by Treesh - 07-13-2006, 03:19 PM