Pirates of the Caribbean, part Deux
Quote:The reason I mentioned both the sex and violence was that I was trying to provide information that might help Doc decide whether it was a "bad" PG-13 or not. I almost mentioned the rum, not that I have any problem with my kid knowing about alcohol, but because its a factor that others might consider in deciding if the movie was appropriate for their children.

A valid point, but it scares/irritates me nonetheless.

Quote:(The BBC version is very well done, by the way. I especially like the BBC version of Galadriel. It's also funny that the BBC version left out Tom Bombadil as well).

That was the one with Ian Holm, yes? It was fairly well-done, except something about Aragorn's voice drove me nuts.

Quote:But, I guess it's important to keep in mind that not all kids in PG-13 movies are bored or traumatized by the experience.

Yes, I should probably remember that, but the ideal movie crowd is one you don't notice at all. So you never see the pleasant ones. They might be there. My best theater experience here was with "Whale Rider". Probably had something to do with the fact that only two other people were there, and I brought both of them with me.

Quote:They are not your kids. Respect the parents's wishes or get out of the business of taking groups of kids anywhere.

People can do what they want with their kids, until the kids start ruining MY movie experience. Rather selfish, I know, but if I'm paying for a service, I'd rather it be a good experience.

Back with the uptight parents, those are generally the type you don't want to tick off, at least if you have any activists among them. You could always try talking directly to the parents BEFORE going, but I have a feeling that will just be painful and accomplish nothing. Anyway, best of luck, whatever you decide, Doc.

Quote:(Or maybe a bad thing... Fundies don't like pirate books do they?)

Depends on whether they're Pastafarian (I lost my link. Frown.).

--me

Messages In This Thread
Pirates of the Caribbean, part Deux - by Doc - 07-08-2006, 08:36 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean, part Deux - by Doc - 07-08-2006, 10:41 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean, part Deux - by Nystul - 07-08-2006, 10:58 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean, part Deux - by Griselda - 07-09-2006, 01:10 AM
Pirates of the Caribbean, part Deux - by Doc - 07-10-2006, 03:50 AM
Pirates of the Caribbean, part Deux - by Drasca - 07-10-2006, 04:29 AM
Pirates of the Caribbean, part Deux - by Griselda - 07-10-2006, 07:03 AM
Pirates of the Caribbean, part Deux - by Merlinios - 07-11-2006, 03:46 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean, part Deux - by Bun-Bun - 07-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean, part Deux - by Nystul - 07-11-2006, 08:15 PM