New AD quests/Scourge invasion thread
Quote:Okay, I'll bite. What class can solo farm the pylon elementals in DM West? I have always seen the 6 guys come on 1 1-pull, 1 2-pull, and 1 3-pull. I have heard of warlocks using banish and fear to get them but that seems really dicey.

The first pylon in DM West seems to have the 3-pull. I don't bother with that one. Instead, I go into DM North, and enter DM West via the library, and farm the entire ring around Immol'thar's prison. None of those pull 3, the max is 2, and the tornado whirlies with the 4 little ones drop a bunch of core of elements too.

The best way to do these pulls at the start is simply to pull them, and kite them around the library. Having speed boots on is a plus, but if you're a lock or a shadow priest, you can just kite via fear easily enough. The big tornado whirly btw, has a sweet spot you can stand at from range, and nuke him. It's roughly 30 yards or so -- you'll see him do his casting animation, but he wont actually cast anything.

Finally once I'm done with all of those, I farm the Residual Monstrosities since they are there. Those are a little more buff, so I definitely have to kite them around the library as I don't want to be in range of them. (especially when they die!) Although sometimes, I'll just stop before doing those, and run back out and reset the instance.

Doing this for about 3 hours one day netted me around 240 core of elements.

One other tip for farming DM -- this is extremely effective if you have 2 level 60s with good gear:

Go into DM East, the back entrance. Farm that first whip lasher pack, and open up the little pod to see if you can get 4 more to spawn. Collect Savage Fronds. Run out, reset instance. Repeat 4 more times. Log on other level 60, and do the same thing. Fronds are good since they give the other insignia opposite of the cores.

Doing this I had my 18 slot bag on the Friday after the patch.:)

Messages In This Thread
New AD quests/Scourge invasion thread - by Kevin - 05-26-2006, 02:33 PM
New AD quests/Scourge invasion thread - by Arnulf - 06-25-2006, 10:24 AM
New AD quests/Scourge invasion thread - by Lissa - 06-26-2006, 07:04 PM
New AD quests/Scourge invasion thread - by Snowy - 06-27-2006, 05:07 PM
New AD quests/Scourge invasion thread - by Tal - 06-28-2006, 06:47 PM
New AD quests/Scourge invasion thread - by Monkey - 06-29-2006, 02:10 PM
New AD quests/Scourge invasion thread - by Tal - 06-29-2006, 11:07 PM