New AD quests/Scourge invasion thread
Quote:At this point killing normal UD doesn't seem to weaken the shard any more. 4 technicians come which can be turned into Shadows of Doom.

Ater all the technicians are killed sometimes (always?) the mobs continue spawning and eventually four more technicians are spawned. After these four are killed, the central crystal/shard goes away and the invasion stops at that point for at least a little while.

Killing the regular mobs after the shard is damaged does nothing. I think each shade does 25%. But unless you are quick, the other engineers will heal the crystal, meaning it will live through the first 4. If you can kill the crystal (usually the first engineer of the second wave) the mobs will stop spawning. You can cleanup the rest of them, then take down your remaining shadows in peace.

Quote: Thus, they can be kited by an appropriate 2-man crew in non-epics.

I would hesitate to do this. The shades definatly seem to "call" nonelites sometimes, even if you don't get feared into them.

Quote: This means that massive farming is possible with a mage and a priest, additional aoe being helpful. in raid form. I imagine it would be just the same except that the two main Invasion quests (kill a Shadow and gather 8 Necrotic Runes) would not be doable. I suppose a decently equipped 40-man raid could clean out an invasion point in a few minutes.

The rep from AOE farming these is pretty insane. It is the same if you form a raid, you are just missing the shade quest (you can still gather 8 runes). 40 man wouldn't really go any faster then 6 (4AOE 2 healers). It will take about 20 min I would guess to get the crystal down because you would be waiting on repops.

I've seen pleanty of rare spawns. It's still probably a good idea to get your bracers from the AH once you have the other parts. There is still a lot of luck about getting the right armortype, and winning a roll. I'm pretty sure the chests only drop on the shades, and not on the rares.

Messages In This Thread
New AD quests/Scourge invasion thread - by Kevin - 05-26-2006, 02:33 PM
New AD quests/Scourge invasion thread - by Arnulf - 06-25-2006, 10:24 AM
New AD quests/Scourge invasion thread - by Lissa - 06-26-2006, 07:04 PM
New AD quests/Scourge invasion thread - by oldmandennis - 06-26-2006, 09:06 PM
New AD quests/Scourge invasion thread - by Snowy - 06-27-2006, 05:07 PM
New AD quests/Scourge invasion thread - by Tal - 06-28-2006, 06:47 PM
New AD quests/Scourge invasion thread - by Monkey - 06-29-2006, 02:10 PM
New AD quests/Scourge invasion thread - by Tal - 06-29-2006, 11:07 PM