New AD quests/Scourge invasion thread
Well you get 25 rep for going from a city to LHC, which is nothing to sneeze at as you go revered->exaulted.

Once there you find the guards are totally inadequate. They need a net and a longer leash.

The new quests I noticed are Nax attunement, two dealing with the invasion, and a bunch of quests for the doodads you turn in for the "casual" blue and purple items. One of the quest givers tells the story of how she was the guardian of Medivah's staff.

Doodads - There are 4-5 sources of these. Most of them are available inside and outside of a dungeon, with the dungeon ones providing a better drop rate. Completly inadequate sample size, but one skeleton splinter dropped in 4 kills. This was outside. The main thing I was testing was if you had to be on the quest to get them. You don't (Whew - 5 quests permantly in my log? No thank you). I was moving too fast (see weaksauce guards) to notice a difference between Argent Dawn doodads and Scarlet Crusade ones. I did notice some flavor dialog between NPC's of them arguing back and forth.

Invasion - A purple skill appears on your map for any zone that has an invasion going on. As far as I know, every zone can be invaded. I picked up 2 quests, retrieve 10 crystal thingamabobs and kill a dark shade. The reward for the crystal quest was your choice of 2 sharpening stones (though they didn't mention only edged weapons) with 100 to AP vs undead for an hour, or two pots with 50 to spell power for 1/2 hour. I don't know if that quest is repeatable, but it seems imbalanced and overpowered if it is. Unbalanced as in the stones seem way better then the pots (twice the effect, twice the duration, persist thorough death) and overpowered as in these would be required I think by all DPS classes for every Nax run. Also, not to start a ginormous controversy, but these are less useful for the horde (they preclude using WF) then the alliance. On the other hand, I haven't seen a lot of other good reasons to engage the invasion. The other quest is to kill a dark shade. I don't think there was a reward specified. Any how, you ride out to the necropolis floating in the area under attack. On the ground is a runed area, with a chained floating crystal and 4 technicians. The technicians are not attackable. Surrounding them are ~30 normal undead monsters. In EPL they were 58-60, I don't know about other areas. They aren't difficult, and are easy to solo pull. ~1/3 to 1/4 drop the crystals. I didn't get any scourge stones or other items for the AD gear off of them in about 30 kills (enough for 9 crystals). 8 crystals allow you to interact with a technician, turning him into a shade and reducing the life of the otherwise invulnerable teathered crystal by 1/4. The shade is a fairly powerful 60 elite. The only power I saw that he had was mindflay. About every 30 seconds or so a shadowy bolt flys from the necropolis to the crystal, and I'm pretty sure that spawns another normal mob. I would be suprised if killing 4 shades did not end that particular invasion.

The gist of the staff story is that the mages of the Kin Tor in Dalaran acquired the staff in WC1 during the raid on Medivahs tower. Unfortunatly, the staff is sapient, having acquired the evil will of Sergasas. This chick was appointed the guardian of the staff, but Arthas came to town in WC3 and tried to acquire it for his demonic masters. Protective spells shattered the staff, and now Kel'Thuzud is trying to reassemble it. The mage is also trying to get it, and has joined the AD to further her goal.

Edit: I noodled around on the server early in the morning, and wasn't fully awake. All of the sudden it seems to me that you might have to repel 10 invasions and pay 30g for your choice of 10 frost or nature resist head/leg enchant. I can't remember for sure though. If that's true, then the 10 crystals for shapening stones is probably a one time deal, and we don't have to worry a whole bunch about the balance and power of it.

Messages In This Thread
New AD quests/Scourge invasion thread - by oldmandennis - 05-25-2006, 09:05 PM
New AD quests/Scourge invasion thread - by Kevin - 05-26-2006, 02:33 PM
New AD quests/Scourge invasion thread - by Arnulf - 06-25-2006, 10:24 AM
New AD quests/Scourge invasion thread - by Lissa - 06-26-2006, 07:04 PM
New AD quests/Scourge invasion thread - by Snowy - 06-27-2006, 05:07 PM
New AD quests/Scourge invasion thread - by Tal - 06-28-2006, 06:47 PM
New AD quests/Scourge invasion thread - by Monkey - 06-29-2006, 02:10 PM
New AD quests/Scourge invasion thread - by Tal - 06-29-2006, 11:07 PM