Blizzard to Reveal the Alliance Race Tomorrow!
MongoJerry,May 10 2006, 12:18 PM Wrote:A cryptic message was left by someone who tends to be "in the know" after I linked the NY Times article:
Ugh.  Just get it over with!
[right][snapback]109473[/snapback][/right]

What? There's more than Blizzard Retconning Eredar into Draenei and Jeff Kaplan's interview? It would be quite surprising if there is, but it seems like nothing but denouement from here. Just more articles, screenshots, and fleshing out of the Draenei story.

Update: The Burning Crusade site has been updated to reflect the Draenei. This includes the following Gem in the FAQ:
Quote:Q: Why did you decide to add the Draenei as the new Alliance race?
A: The Draenei visited many worlds in their travels and explored much of the known cosmos on their quest to find safe harbor. During this exodus they befriended the enigmatic Naaru -- a race of beings with a deep affinity for the Holy Light of Creation that empowers the paladins of Azeroth. The Naaru blessed the Draenei with this power in an effort to help them in their struggle. This makes them a natural ally of the Alliance races who embrace this holy power.

In addition, the Draenei hold no affinity for certain Horde races. They outright hate the Orcs, who nearly drove the Draenei to extinction in Outland. And more recently, the Blood Elves stole technology from the Draenei and also sabotaged their dimensional ship, which crash landed on Azeroth.

[Emphasis Mine]

Well, I'm glad to hear that we have dimensional ships on Azeroth. Or at least one. Maybe we can expect the crew of the Starship Enterprise will join the alliance, eventually, too. /sigh

Messages In This Thread
Blizzard to Reveal the Alliance Race Tomorrow! - by Monkey - 05-10-2006, 07:04 PM