Holy crap, Kiefer Sutherland's full name is...
Munkay,May 9 2006, 06:32 PM Wrote:I think it is somehow related to how Bill Cosby always took 46minutes* to resolve an issue every episode  :whistling:

*when you delete the commerical time

Cheers,

Munk
[right][snapback]109422[/snapback][/right]

Well that's not true. The Cosby Show had time elapses, multiple storylines proceeding simultaneously that were shown separately, etc. and thus the 46 minutes may have been filled with an hour to a day of the Cosby's life. Conversely, on 24 every problem is resolved in exactly 24 hours, jes? Ridiculous! :)

Quote:There is no possible way you could ever click with 24 by just seeing half an episode.

Even with Babylon 5, which had a *very* complicated story arch, you could sit down on watch a single episode in isolation, ignorant of the overall and be entertained. You cannot do this with 24. Or at least I can't.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London

Messages In This Thread
Holy crap, Kiefer Sutherland's full name is... - by Mithrandir - 05-10-2006, 02:03 AM