some extracted columns
ShadowHM,May 4 2006, 03:34 AM Wrote:Hi librarian

I downloaded and extracted the files, and just now was doing some searching on the subject of monster threat factors.

But I have not found (or perhaps just not been able to interpret) the data to figure out what caused a phenomenon I noticed in a game last night.

I was soloing a Paladin Cleric (Skills = Holy Bolt, Prayer, Fist of Heavens, Conviction and Holy Shield) in Act 1 Hell.  I encountered Goatmen (Nightlord version) in The Dark Woods.  Since they are immune to Lightning, I was trying the tactic of retreating behind my mercenary to get them to engage him and then spamming Holy Bolt at him to keep him alive while he tanked and killed them.

But they didn't want to engage the mercenary.    :(    Even when he ran circles around the mercenary to make sure he was 'in their way' they persisted in following the Paladin.    He had to tp to town, go back to the WP and cautiously advance again, trying to get the merc to notice them and advance, to have any chance that they would target him and not the Paladin. 

So, is there something different about Goatman AI that I should be noting in those tables, and then cross-checking for the other monster types that might have such an AI, for further solo foray?
[right][snapback]108932[/snapback][/right]

There is a weird bug that might explain it.

Often-to-always if the merc ends up far enough behind you that he has to warp to your location, he'll be ignored from that point forward by most-to-all monsters. It's as extreme as your description, so it seems to match in that way.

OTOH, it wouldn't just be Goatmen which would be a problem in that case. Also, the only way I know of to make that particular bug inactive is to start a new game.

Messages In This Thread
some extracted columns - by librarian - 04-27-2006, 10:27 PM
some extracted columns - by librarian - 05-02-2006, 10:27 PM
some extracted columns - by ShadowHM - 05-04-2006, 11:34 AM
some extracted columns - by bigeyedbug - 05-04-2006, 04:56 PM
some extracted columns - by librarian - 05-04-2006, 05:58 PM
some extracted columns - by bigeyedbug - 05-04-2006, 06:45 PM
some extracted columns - by ShadowHM - 05-04-2006, 07:10 PM
some extracted columns - by librarian - 06-10-2006, 08:19 AM