Friday 2/10, Saturday 2/11, Friday 2/17
Concillian,Feb 11 2006, 10:45 PM Wrote:That would be 5 warriors again.  Looks like we have plenty of healers, with 2 priests from them and mogo/necrali/fazuul from our side.

Is there a preference on my characters?  The rogue is pretty much the same role as warrior, just worse because of gearing differences... so any need for the lock or priest?  If you want the lock let me know and I'll get her to 60 this week.  She has over half a level to go, but it's full rested I can get there easily by next week.  She's Shadow Mastery + Demonic Sacrifice, so saccing a succy should get max mana drain power for a lock.

Anyway... I don't mind bringing another character.
[right][snapback]101840[/snapback][/right]

Well, so far we have 15 people signed up to go. Our problem on the Synergy run wasn't necessarily that we had 5 warriors, it's that we had 5 warriors and 4 rogues, really gimping our ranged DPS.

List below has in parentheses the count if our normal expected lurkers can come (Fazuul and Octord still don't know). It doesn't include any of your characters.

3 Priests
3 Mages
1 (2) Warlocks
4 Warriors
1 Shaman
1 Rogue
2 Hunters
0 (1) Druids

Conc would be the technical choice for tank #2 due to gear and experience, but for guild relations/fairness maybe Olan or Finalscore can do that role.

With 3 priests and 3 mages we're in MUCH better shape for Jeklik phase 1, and our ranged DPS in this group is a lot better which should make Venoxis phase 1 quite a bit shorter.

An extra soulstone is always nice to have. Because the corpse run is so short (I believe it is faster to run than spend all that time rezzing and drinking), I like the idea of soulstoning whatever classes are most important so they can rejoin the battle. I think it'd be ok to bring whatever you prefer (for the mana drain, 2 hunters + existing lock should be enough, as 3 mages should make sufficient AoE for the bats). The other big need is spell interrupts for phase 2 to keep her from healing herself. Only one shaman and one rogue, so that leaves warriors and mages to pick up the slack. Phase 2 is very chaotic with the bombs dropping everywhere and needing to move constantly, so we might have some trouble with the spell interrupting.

The warlock is probably preferable for Venoxis, but honestly I don't think he'll present much of a problem with our current divisions.

Places we're lacking:

Only one shaman. She's awesome, but totem coverage will only be in the MT group. Hey maybe Kosch will level up and come along soon ;)

Only one rogue. The faster you bring Jeklik to 50% the fewer bat packs will spawn. Mages will be busy with AoE, so the more DPS the rest can bring the better. DPS warriors do a pretty good job in the rogue role, and given the gear differential I think Conc > Concillianne for sure. Not sure how Lianne's DPS compares to Conc's.

No druids (Fazuul hopefully will come). Combat rez is very nice.

Messages In This Thread
Friday 2/10, Saturday 2/11, Friday 2/17 - by Xame - 02-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Friday 2/10, Saturday 2/11, Friday 2/17 - by vor_lord - 02-12-2006, 02:39 PM
Friday 2/10, Saturday 2/11, Friday 2/17 - by Xame - 02-18-2006, 06:18 PM