Frustration at IGN
I assume that you mean the list at http://top100.ign.com

Keep in mind that this is an all time list covering not only PC games but also platform games (and I think the emphasis is probably more on the platform than the PC, considering that the #1 game is Super Mario Bros!). Looking at how far down the list a game like Doom is, you know the competition is pretty steep. For Starcraft to be ranked #7 is quite impressive. Now IMHO, Diablo should definately be on that list. Diablo II and WCIII maybe should not make it. I have to say that there aren't many games on that list about which I could say "This game sucks. They should have put Diablo II here instead of this junk." Most of the games on that list that I've played are amongst my personal favorites. Just looking at 91-100, I see many of my childhood favorites!

There are a lot of good games that aren't on the list, but there aren't many bad games that made it. The Legend of Zelda isn't even on the list! Diablo II and D2:LoD were both IGN Editor's Choice award winners, so it's not like they don't like the games. Dungeon crawls are not well represented on the list though, so perhaps they view these games as RPGs with weak NPC interaction :)

Messages In This Thread
Frustration at IGN - by BlackLightning - 05-13-2003, 01:10 AM
Frustration at IGN - by --Pete - 05-13-2003, 01:15 AM
Frustration at IGN - by Elric of Grans - 05-13-2003, 01:38 AM
Frustration at IGN - by Kasreyn - 05-13-2003, 08:16 AM
Frustration at IGN - by NiteFox - 05-13-2003, 08:54 AM
Frustration at IGN - by Nystul - 05-13-2003, 09:03 AM
Frustration at IGN - by --Pete - 05-13-2003, 03:13 PM