Guards, Civilians, and Why Outdoor PvP Sucks
I realize the OP was only semiserious when he talked about the good old days of world PvP, but there were a lot of people who flat didn't like it for some very good reasons.

Constant town raids are an annoyance even on a PvP server. Massive battles turn into sprawling zergs that make the zone uninhabitable for characters who the zone is intended for. In world PvP, the sides are rarely even.

Monkey,Jan 30 2006, 10:02 AM Wrote:From what I have read, I expect the Blizzard has the resolution of "Open PvP" concerns coming at the same pace at the "Casual Player" concerns--in the expansion.

It seems from the blue posts, it will be sooner then that.

As long as the ranks remain relative, how exactly will giving more points for town raids allow casual players to recieve officer ranks? If your new world PvP gives more honor then BG's, the Honor farmers will be dropping the commanders 24/7, still shutting out casual players. And your proposed invulnerable NPC's are just as goofy a solution as DK's.

Messages In This Thread
Guards, Civilians, and Why Outdoor PvP Sucks - by oldmandennis - 01-30-2006, 07:11 PM