Guards, Civilians, and Why Outdoor PvP Sucks
In my opinion, DKs were either a deliberate ploy to kill world pvp or a serious mistake in design logic. If the intent was the first, then it was a job well done, if the latter.... The idea of having a disincentive for killing the civillian (ie, the DK) and a similar disincentive for NOT killing them (ie. the resulting guard spawn when he see you) is pretty dodgy.

As for reviving world pvp, one of the things that I have thought of is to simply remove CP from kills in battlegrounds. This would make world pvp something of an option in terms of CP farming, and have the nice side-effect of reducing the effectiveness of botting and kill wh@#$ng in BGs.

Of course, the final issue is how you get the 180 billion toons in hillsbrad to spread out a bit... :P
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink

Messages In This Thread
Guards, Civilians, and Why Outdoor PvP Sucks - by Watto44 - 01-30-2006, 01:00 PM