Terenas early instance group forming
Tris,Mar 18 2005, 01:19 PM Wrote:Where in the heck are you guys on Terenas?  I keep going to Lurkers channel but can't raise anybody :P

Tris
[right][snapback]71163[/snapback][/right]
Hi there.
These days I am on Terenas daily.
Are you playing The Horde?
I know sometimes during the day nobody is on, but in the evenings there are Lurkers--more nowadays than before.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Tris,Mar 18 2005, 12:19 PM Wrote:Where in the heck are you guys on Terenas?  I keep going to Lurkers channel but can't raise anybody :P

Tris
And you are joining "lurkers", not "the lurkers" or some typo/variation? What times of day/night are you trying?
Intolerant monkey.
kandrathe,Mar 18 2005, 05:52 PM Wrote:Terenas Update:

GG, Treesh, Alram and I made a successful run through last night with the only really notable treasure find being green shields (unusable for our hunter, rogue, priest, mage) and a really nice green dagger for Treesh's rogue Kamah.  Jergosh the Invoker killed GG's (Drollmak) pet once, but other than that, no drama.

We waited for Flash (Galahnt) dancing and carrying on outside the instance, but at 9:20 EST we decided to go on.

When you are ready Flash, let me know and we can get a group together to go through again.
[right][snapback]71155[/snapback][/right]

Sorry gang,

Terenas died early on me (late afternoon) and never reappeared on ly list. I went to Stormrage for a while, had a major lag spike at 8:30pm or so, I logged off to reconnect and could not log in at all, so I crashed for the night. I'll be on this evening tho!

Flash
<span style="color:red">Absolute Power!!!!<!--sizec--><!--/sizec--> - Jafar

<span style="color:green">Terenas
60 Gorohnt Orc Warlock - Herb / Alchemy (Main)
54 RawkPaine Orc Shaman - Mining / Jewelcrafting
54 Galahnt Orc Hunter - Mining / Engineer (Goblin)
42 Garahnt Tauren Shaman - Skinning / Leatherworking
36 Gholoko Tauren Druid - Enchanting/ Mining
33 Gharawk Troll Rogue - Mining / Engineer
20 MaxPaine Orc Warrior - Mine / Smith
Treesh,Mar 18 2005, 09:32 AM Wrote:Thinking about a time on Saturday?&nbsp; I've got my morning booked, but could possibly be persuaded for a later run for WC.&nbsp; Duoing it took forever and I'd like to see just how much quicker it would be with a full group. :)
[right][snapback]71138[/snapback][/right]
Afternoon is good for me. I'll be on Teranas after 12 Central Time, or earlier if Stormrage is down.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

kandrathe,Mar 18 2005, 04:35 PM Wrote:Afternoon is good for me.&nbsp; I'll be on Teranas after 12 Central Time, or earlier if Stormrage is down.
[right][snapback]71174[/snapback][/right]
I'll shoot for that if I can.
Treesh,Mar 18 2005, 08:32 AM Wrote:Thinking about a time on Saturday?&nbsp; I've got my morning booked, but could possibly be persuaded for a later run for WC.&nbsp; Duoing it took forever and I'd like to see just how much quicker it would be with a full group. :)
So sorry guys. SM run took longer than I thought and then, well, things just went from there. My apologies. Can I get a rain check on this?
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Mar 19 2005, 07:51 PM Wrote:So sorry guys.&nbsp; SM run took longer than I thought and then, well, things just went from there.&nbsp; My apologies.&nbsp; Can I get a rain check on this?
[right][snapback]71241[/snapback][/right]
Sunday afternoon works for me. Probably between 2:00 and 6:00 or from 10:00-midnight. Galahnt also will be there on Sunday iirc.
Treesh,Mar 18 2005, 09:32 AM Wrote:Thinking about a time on Saturday?&nbsp; I've got my morning booked, but could possibly be persuaded for a later run for WC.&nbsp; Duoing it took forever and I'd like to see just how much quicker it would be with a full group. :)

I also was waylaid. We did eventually run a successful VC instance on Stormrage, with all lurkers, Saturday evening. Funny, all but one of my successful instance runs so far have been lurker and/or Basiners only. :)
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Alram,Mar 19 2005, 10:10 PM Wrote:Sunday afternoon works for me. Probably between 2:00 and 6:00 or from 10:00-midnight.&nbsp; Galahnt also will be there on Sunday iirc.
[right][snapback]71250[/snapback][/right]
I chatted with Galahnt ingame after posting this and he confirmed for Sunday afternoon.
Alram,Mar 20 2005, 06:32 AM Wrote:I chatted with Galahnt ingame after posting this and he confirmed for Sunday afternoon.
[right][snapback]71298[/snapback][/right]
So, Sunday at 2? I can do that.
Intolerant monkey.
It sure is fun to see this group evolve! Does my heart good.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Tris,Mar 18 2005, 11:19 AM Wrote:Where in the heck are you guys on Terenas?&nbsp; I keep going to Lurkers channel but can't raise anybody :P

Tris

I am on a lot on the weekdays, but not much on the weekends, ask for an invite if you are in the lurkers channel and see someone else in it (/chatlist 5 or /chatlist 6 for me depending on whether I have worlddefense on or not)
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Sabra,Mar 20 2005, 07:23 AM Wrote:It sure is fun to see this group evolve! Does my heart good.
[right][snapback]71307[/snapback][/right]
We've had some interesting group compositions too - it's some of the same people doing the instances, but with different characters. :) Playing a rogue in a group with a hunter's pet as main tank was definitely interesting. Our Wailing Caverns group today consisted of two priests (both starting down the holy tree), two hunters, and a druid. I had to laugh when I saw someone in the looking for group channel looking for a healer and here we had three in our group. :D (5 healers if you count using "Mend Pet" ;) )
Intolerant monkey.
Alram,Mar 17 2005, 11:36 PM Wrote:My mage hit level 24 tonight, so I'll do Sfang with you soon.&nbsp; Also Udadadabobo and Swirlian and I were talking about doing Wailing Caverns on Saturday.
[right][snapback]71126[/snapback][/right]

Not only did we do shadowfang with a decent pickup group, I logged in with my rogue and people were spamming for needing one more for Blackfathom. It was late but I couldn't resist. Shadowfang and Blackfathom with decent (mostly) pickup groups in one night? On Terenas?

The only liability all night was a hunter who:
1) ran out of ammo EARLY in the instance
2) refused to use ammo that someone gave him becuase even though he had been using a nice gun, he picked up the Naga Heartpiercer and refused to go back to his gun.
3) couldn't control his pet, but thankfully dismissed him once he realized it was a problem
4) rolled on EVERYTHING (luckily he didn't win anything I wanted, but he did win some BoP caster pants that the priest could have used)

Luckily the other 4 of us were solid and could easily pick up the slack.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Concillian,Mar 22 2005, 08:04 AM Wrote:Not only did we do shadowfang with a decent pickup group, I logged in with my rogue and people were spamming for needing one more for Blackfathom. It was late but I couldn't resist.&nbsp; Shadowfang and Blackfathom with decent (mostly) pickup groups in one night? On Terenas?

The only liability all night was a hunter who:
1) ran out of ammo EARLY in the instance
2) refused to use ammo that someone gave him becuase even though he had been using a nice gun, he picked up the Naga Heartpiercer and refused to go back to his gun.
3) couldn't control his pet, but thankfully dismissed him once he realized it was a problem
4) rolled on EVERYTHING (luckily he didn't win anything I wanted, but he did win some BoP caster pants that the priest could have used)

Luckily the other 4 of us were solid and could easily pick up the slack.
[right][snapback]71451[/snapback][/right]
Wow! It was 1:00 AM when we finished Shadowfang, and you went on to Blackfathom! You deserve an award.

I would actually like to do Shadowfang again. There were several things there that I experienced for the first time, and I'd like to go back with better more appropriate responses. Some comments/questions

1. Being silenced.
Is this avoided for a mage much the same way aggro is avoided? Does it relate in part to physical proximity?

2. Killing Arugal.
I found that no matter where he teleported, I could nuke him without chasing after him. So I did, and came close to killing him. The priest went dashing off (following you and the warrior I presume) and never cast a single healing spell on me (though I thought he would). So, was this my error or the priest's or simply a lack of communication? I did note that you also came very close to death after I got killed, but from where my corpse lay I couldn't see exactly what happened. Next time I go I willl inform the priest prior to the fight what I intend to do. Mind you I am not complaining (I am very aware that I made a couple of errors earlier in the instance)--I just want feedback.

3. Let's try the Teamspeak you set up for improved communication on Terenas parties. Perhaps we could try it out in a small party of 2 or 3 to get used to it before using it in an instance.
Let's do it again. And Blackfathom too!
Alram,Mar 22 2005, 09:50 AM Wrote:Wow! It was 1:00 AM when we finished Shadowfang, and you went on to&nbsp; Blackfathom! You deserve an award.
I don't think it was after 1am here (pacific), but I finished Blackfathom around 3 something.

Quote:1. Being silenced.&nbsp;
Is this avoided for a mage much the same way aggro is avoided? Does it relate in part to physical proximity?

Yes, this was proximity to those ghost paladin guys. They have a silence 'battle shout' This is why if anything got pulled off the warrior, the priest and I would seperate ourselves so only one of us was silenced. If you stay out of range you won't be silenced

Quote:2. Killing Arugal.
I found that no matter where he teleported, I could nuke him without chasing after him. So I did, and came close to killing him. The priest went dashing off (following you and the warrior I presume) and never cast a single healing spell on me (though I thought he would). So, was this my error or the priest's or simply a lack of communication?&nbsp; I did note that you also came very close to death after I got killed, but from where my corpse lay I couldn't see exactly what happened. Next time I go I willl inform the priest prior to the fight what I intend to do. Mind you I am not complaining (I am very aware that I made a couple of errors earlier in the instance)--I just want feedback.

I moved around because I made the mistake of thinking the right thing to do would be to lose LOS so he couldn't nuke me and the warrior could regain aggro. I actually wasn't nuking, when I should have just nuked away. It wasn't until I had given up on losing aggro and just sat and nuked searing pain that he went down. In the end I had fewer than 100 health left.

Quote:3. Let's try the Teamspeak you set up for improved communication on Terenas parties.&nbsp; Perhaps we could try it out in a small party of 2 or 3 to get used to it before using it in an instance.

It was there and I was logged into it, just nobody else was =) I forgot to log out of TS when I went to sleep and someone else logged in for a while when the servers went down for patch time.
Alram,Mar 22 2005, 10:50 AM Wrote:1. Being silenced.&nbsp;
[right][snapback]71475[/snapback][/right]
Hopefully your priest is on the ball and will dispel that for you (if the priest isn't silenced too). Since you're lucky enough to be Horde, always make sure your shaman drops a grounding totem if you are fighting mobs that silence people. It's got a fairly large range; just make sure you stay in range of it.

Sometimes it is physical proximity. The stinking harpies in Screeching Canyon (or Gorge or whatever it's called in Thousand Needles) cast AoE silences, but if my casters are far enough away from the tank they usually don't get hit with being silenced.
Intolerant monkey.
Quote:QUOTE
3. Let's try the Teamspeak you set up for improved communication on Terenas parties.&nbsp; Perhaps we could try it out in a small party of 2 or 3 to get used to it before using it in an instance.

It was there and I was logged into it, just nobody else was =) I forgot to log out of TS when I went to sleep and someone else logged in for a while when the servers went down for patch time.
I'll put it on next time I'm on. I think we are both in Tarren Mill and we can do a quest or 2 there with Teamspeak if you like.
Galahnt has completed RFC and WC, both were great fun, thanks to all participants! Since then Garuhnt (Troll warrior) has mostly completed RFC (we had some troubles finding a book) with a minimum level party. Here is a peek at what lurkers REALLY do in RFC!

[Image: RFCdancing.jpg]

Altitis appears to a problem for Galahnt, he has been pushed aside while I explore other classes. I still have the priest gearing up towards RFC, but he is slow moving. My warlock has been in a closet for quite some time (might be a good place for him). Truly enjoying the shaman and he is ready for RFC now (just needs to pickup a couple quests). I will also be gearing the warrior up towards WC and plan to create a mage sometime soon.

I am also looking for input on macros. Haradil taught the assist macro to me, otherwise, I only have a couple geared for the hunter to switch aspects and targeting.

I have found some posts here very helpful on instance play. Namely the Shaman / Hunter roles in an instance and the Worst Group (good advice on what not to do and I need to make sure my name does not appear in there) threads.

Cya in Game,
Flash
<span style="color:red">Absolute Power!!!!<!--sizec--><!--/sizec--> - Jafar

<span style="color:green">Terenas
60 Gorohnt Orc Warlock - Herb / Alchemy (Main)
54 RawkPaine Orc Shaman - Mining / Jewelcrafting
54 Galahnt Orc Hunter - Mining / Engineer (Goblin)
42 Garahnt Tauren Shaman - Skinning / Leatherworking
36 Gholoko Tauren Druid - Enchanting/ Mining
33 Gharawk Troll Rogue - Mining / Engineer
20 MaxPaine Orc Warrior - Mine / Smith
FlashNPan,Mar 29 2005, 01:34 PM Wrote:I still have the priest gearing up towards RFC, but he is slow moving. My warlock has been in a closet for quite some time (might be a good place for him). Truly enjoying the shaman and he is ready for RFC now (just needs to pickup a couple quests). I will also be gearing the warrior up towards WC and plan to create a mage sometime soon.
[right][snapback]72313[/snapback][/right]
I've got a warrior who's ready for RFC (with the exception of picking up some quests) and my rogue is starting to get a little big for Wailing Caverns so she'll have to go some time and soon. Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to do it this week or this weekend. Well, unless I do it while GG is working late on Thursday or Friday. ;) My littlest hunter is just starting to get ready for RFC, but she doesn't get much playing time so she'll be a bit yet.
Intolerant monkey.