Looking for a chuckle?
Having spent the better part of a night transferring files and various errata from my old system to this new one, I discovered some old bookmarked Flash-based movies. Both are rather amusing, though both are rather old, too.

You can find one about Marvel superheroes here, and one about standard Windows XP icons waging war on the desktop here. Heroes is probably PG-13, while Icon's Story is PG, though I don't think little ones would really understand the symbolism ^_^

On a completely unrelated note: stay the hell away from Morrowind. It's the most addictive game I've played since D2 :blink:
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Good ones.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
A few points about the second one:
1) What's up with IE & OE fighting? I thought that they were the best of chums...
2) So, why does Norton get involved?
3) Am I correct in believing that Norton's sound effect is, infact, the tesla coil sound ripped straight from Red Alert?

-Bob
Bob,Jun 27 2004, 05:27 PM Wrote:3) Am I correct in believing that Norton's sound effect is, infact, the tesla coil sound ripped straight from Red Alert?

-Bob
I can't say with any absolute certainty (my Red Alert cd's are mysteriously missing <_< ) but I think you are definately right.

Maybe I am just paranoid, but I swear I've heard sound effects from Starcraft used in commercials. The dropship noise when unloading marines, and the metal doors opening in the inside arena's.

-Munk
A lot of sound effects from computer games are used all around. If you've heard the "fire" sound effect in previews it is also one of the sounds for a town portal opening and a lot of Lords of Magic fire spells use that sound when the mage uses them. The civilization 2 horsemen attack sounds come from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Anyone else remember this?

edit: Mirrored here just in case Geocities gives up the ghost.

editx2: 'cause there's no reason for me to quote that much
Yes!! :D :lol:
WWBBD?
There is a starceaft sound when Fos Sports puts down the "score-thing" on the top of the screen during baseball season. I can't quite remember where it comes from in the game, but I think it's when something is picked. I would need someone to confirm this, though.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
what about it dee? does it have some significance other than the fact that it loops seamlessly?

-Bob
Speaking of chuckles, I found this video linked to from the news page of Ctrl-Alt-Del, which is an awesome webcomic, by the way.
At the bottom of the "immortalized D2 list" I found this statement:

* Indicates that a player has died.

LOL...it seems that Buzzard does not know the difference between a player and a player's character. It would be perversely hysterical if a hardcore player had to die when his/her character died in the game....
Refrigerator,Jun 28 2004, 07:23 PM Wrote:Speaking of chuckles, I found this video linked to from the news page of Ctrl-Alt-Del
I've seen this before but I have to admit it's definitely one of the best pieces of animation on the web.
My other mount is a Spiderdrake
There's also the "One Ring to Rule Them All", and the "All About FFXII Random Battles" at Legendary Frog. Could be half a chuckle. Quarter?
Taeme,Jul 16 2004, 11:33 PM Wrote:I've seen this before but I have to admit it's definitely one of the best pieces of animation on the web.
This gets my vote for best flash animation.
All I can say is...

WOW!

And...

LOL!

And...

ROTFLMAO!!!!
I have my own signature. Yay.
http://greer.velocitychicken.com/catherine.html

This is Brand new as far as I know but I think it rocks. IT ROCKS REALLY HARD!
plus its funny as hell, and I know those guys. This video will be famous. So will this band.

Oomph-aak
Coming to a 286 CGA enabled personal computer near you.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I think the cash register where I work might run Peasant's Quest.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
Hi,

But the scary thing is that, after twenty years, I'm *still* playing that game :)

--Pete

PS Isn't an Apple ][ a bit of overkill for that game? I still remember the NovaLogic flight sim for that that machine, and it was a lot better than that.

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Now I just need to find a TRS-80 emulator and figure out how to get my old games off these cassette tapes. :)
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]