IP address for the amazon basin?
Hi, the Basin's site is getting failure to resolve again for me so I thought I'd try using the IP address to see if I can get in that way.

Thanks.
nt
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
Thanks, It's been on and off again this afternoon. Maybe it's time to bug my ISP...
steef,Apr 8 2004, 03:06 PM Wrote:It's been on and off again this afternoon.

It has been the same for me this afternoon. More off than on. I do recall a recent thread at the Basin by Icewind (one of the Mods) having trouble. Obviously a link to it is out of the question for now.

Edit: From the AB.

Flick, Apr 8, 2004 - 2:39 PM Wrote:The problem is with the Basin's secondary and tertiary DNS servers. It looks like some ISPs don't want to talk to our primary DNS server (which is working just fine), which is why you're getting that message.

AllWeasel and NLX are investigating what we can do about it. For now, there's nothing to be done but curse the vagaries of internet routing.
"Nothing unreal exists."
-- Kiri-kin-tha
Is the Basin down again today (4/13)? I haven't been able to get on for 2 hours. :(
DroopingCactus
Quote:Adeyke and people like him get tons of questions exactly like this one by people who're apparently too stupid to play without Maphack, too stupid to read the Help file that comes with the program, too stupid to turn off the socket protection when they're using Maphack, and too stupid to realize that they're stepping before the firing squad when asking questions like that in forums like this.
-AK404
argh! yes down :(

and I just got some nice piccys I wanted to post in the beautiful people topic :(
muffins for all!
Seems to be out of commission today - probably some maintenance or something.
Mad Man,Apr 13 2004, 06:06 PM Wrote:Seems to be out of commission today - probably some maintenance or something.
There is a more recent thread concerning the AB in the Lounge section.
"Nothing unreal exists."
-- Kiri-kin-tha
...you could try pinging the site. It always tells me the IP of the site being pinged, even if the site is down (as AB was when I tried it).
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect