Using Teeth
I'm making a minionless Necromancer in 1.10 ladder play, and at least through Act1 Hell I'm finding Teeth to still be quite useful.

Does anyone know how Teeth interacts with damage mods like Crushing Blow or Deadly Strike? Are there any mods at all that affect the damage from this spell?

Thanks

-DarkCrown
Quote:Does anyone know how Teeth interacts with damage mods like Crushing Blow or Deadly Strike?

It doesn't.

Quote:Are there any mods at all that affect the damage from this spell?

+skills equipment (for teeth itself) and skill points invested in it and its synergies. FCR equipment will let you cast faster. I think that's all, though.
In the beta the number of teeth from one cast was capped at 25 (I think). I don't know if they have changed it back to the 1.09 ways but if they haven't +skil items won't increase the number of teeth any more but only the damage of it.
And each monster can only be hit by one tooth per volley.
24, actually. And yes, this applies to 1.10 final.
Hi

I do have a question. If I've maxed teeth and through items have a level of 26 I will still only get 24 teeth, but will I get higher damage and does the higher level of teeth have synergistic effect on the damage of bonespear and bonespirit? Or are the synergistic effects also capped at level 24?

Thanks in advance

good hunting
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Only the number of missiles is affected. Pumping it further will still increase the individual damage of each tooth.

Since the synergies use the base skill level, there's no way you'd even have a level 24 synergy from teeth.
Thank you for clearing that up for me. :D
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Teeth!??! :blink: um........ u try beating hell diablo with teeth.... U gonna have to use bone spirit sooner or later :) No offense. If you gonna use teeth start summoning cos teeth goes through your summons :P
Well I wasn't planning on taking out D with it. :) Since I wrote the original post I've gotten the necro up to about level 84 or so. The teeth are doing something like 480 max damage per tooth. In low player count games they are useful against large packs of low hit point monsters. In most of Act 3, which I played in 2 player, I used it almost exclusively.

And lilnecro, you might want to read the Lounge rules, faq and etiquette links. The Lounge has somewhat different rules about posting than most of the Diablo boards.

-DarkCrown