Internet Explorer 7 available for download
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/down...fault.mspx

I've just installed it, but so far it looks pretty slick. Tabbed browsing is included, and the interface underwent a huge overhaul.
Quote:I've just installed it, but so far it looks pretty slick. Tabbed browsing is included, and the interface underwent a huge overhaul.

I just installed it also. So far I'm impressed with the interface. Coolaroony:)
Not bad at all, just got done with another windows re-install and well... I've been looking for alternatives to Firefox. Tried Opera and wasnt too impressed, so this seems to be a much better solution.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Bah. And I've just gotten used to Firefox...
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
OK! no option to auto-open links in new foreground tabs = the suck
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Very interesting. I like the new additions to IE 7, Microsoft seems to have done something right (for once?). I'll have to download IE 7 over the weekend and check it out.

With that said, it's still going to be my number 2 browser. The extensions in firefox make other options pale in comparison when it comes to my internet viewing pleasure. Unless Microsoft supports a version of AdBlock (which is extremely unlikely) I'm going to stick with my ad free way of life.

Thanks for the link DeeBye,

Cheers,

Munk
Attempting to DL and install it this morning. Its been "downloading updates for Internet Explorer 7" for the last hour 47 minutes on a full T-1. No way to stop the download and my machine is running slower than molasses. GG Microsoft.
I was mostly using IE only for enhanced functionality in Outlook Web Access, but now the upgrade to IE7 is bombing when I try to send an e-mail message. So, I'll use the "simple" version in Firefox until they get it patched.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Don't you kids know you are just downloading one of the worst trojan horses at all?

Don't do it!!! Remember who you are dealing with and don't be fooled again. It will still end up in tears just like last time.

Remember kiddies, Microsoft IS the virus and the spyware you intentionally install on your machine. Just say no to M$. :o
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Quote:Don't you kids know you are just downloading one of the worst trojan horses at all?

Don't do it!!! Remember who you are dealing with and don't be fooled again. It will still end up in tears just like last time.

Remember kiddies, Microsoft IS the virus and the spyware you intentionally install on your machine. Just say no to M$. :o

What are you talking about Doc? I think we should all praise Microsoft like the god that it is. Illegal copies? Make your OS work with degraded quality! Hell, make you OS stop running altogether! Install your OS copy to one too many computers? Throw the violators in jail! Ban them from the interweb! Monitor all communication, all personal information, and all computer functions in secret!

I for one hail our new Microsoft overlords. Vista is coming Doc. Are YOU ready for it?

Hi,

Quote:I for one hail our new Microsoft overlords.
:)
You realize, of course, that with Intel hardware and Microsoft software you can calculate billions of digits of Pi, . . .
. . . and some of them will actually be right;)

--Pete

PS I think I'll wait for both IE 7 and Vista. When Livingston gives them a clean bill of health, and something I want to do requires them, then I'll reluctantly upgrade to the new Microsquish virii:(

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Quote:What are you talking about Doc? I think we should all praise Microsoft like the god that it is. Illegal copies? Make your OS work with degraded quality! Hell, make you OS stop running altogether! Install your OS copy to one too many computers? Throw the violators in jail! Ban them from the interweb! Monitor all communication, all personal information, and all computer functions in secret!

I for one hail our new Microsoft overlords. Vista is coming Doc. Are YOU ready for it?

I don't think I am... Why, there is not a single M$ program on my computer. Oh noes, I've been left behind.

I am up to document 6000 and something on text edit. I am not sure, but I think it has been at least a couple of months since I last rebooted my machine. My spunky little G3 iBook has been running with out a reboot since, hrm, August. I know from previous experience that installing anything from M$ on my machines would destroy my treasured stability.

Sigh. I can remember when Intel Inside used to be a warning lable. The world has become strange to me.

All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Quote:PS I think I'll wait for both IE 7 and Vista.

I read somewhere that IE7 is going to be included as a critical Windows update in the near future. You can still opt out of installing it, but not if you use automatic updates.
Quote:I don't think I am... Why, there is not a single M$ program on my computer.

Not even the almighty Windows Media Player?

Internet Explorer is the devil, but Windows Media Player is the porthole to hell.

Let's hear it for fire-engine-colored headgear!

--me
Quote:Internet Explorer is the devil, but Windows Media Player is the porthole to hell.

Quotable quotable indeed :lol:

Well put Merlinios
I have a program that works with quicktime that allows me to watch WMV movies should I so desire. Windows uses such lousy formats that it is astonishingly easy to hack and work around it.

WMV movies always look like crap for some reason. Ugh. Real Player too. There is another program I do not have on my machine. Talk about instability.
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Quote:OK! no option to auto-open links in new foreground tabs = the suck

I second this, What's the damn point of using tabs if each time you click a link it opens the new page in a seperate window? DUHHHHH... TABS people!

Secondly for all those people that despise the look of the windows OS and use other theme managers ala AlienGuise IE7's reconfigured layout does not work with these.

I installed IE7 for about 20 minutes and *ZIP* *BANG* SYSTEM RESTORE!

Like Pete i'll probably wait around till Vista etc. to fool around with this more.
Quote:Not even the almighty Windows Media Player?

Internet Explorer is the devil, but Windows Media Player is the porthole to hell.

--me

WMP does extremely suck, but I have to say I'm completely enjoying my media center PC and it's connection to the xbox 360.

Combine that with my Orb network and i'm a happy camper.
Quote:I installed IE7 for about 20 minutes and *ZIP* *BANG* SYSTEM RESTORE!

Internet Explorer 7 can be removed via the Add/Remove Programs utility in the control panel.
Quote:Real Player too. There is another program I do not have on my machine. Talk about instability.

I second that Doc. Realplayer hasn't been on my computer since I upgraded from Win 2k to Win Xp. I remember it being possibly one of the worst programs (this of course has been eclipsed by a miriad of other programs since).

DeeBye, thanks for reminding me of the future auto-update problem. Does the new IE take up any more memory than ie. 6? Currently I have a older computer running for my mothers use. It's already slow as molases, and would like to keep it from getting anymore bogged down.

Cheers,

Munk