Take a guess when you think the patch will comeout
With all the buzzing around here and the website blizzard i would like to see who comes the closes to the actual date.{please take into fact that they made the mistake of showing all the new things on the website then going and recinding the info7 putting up the 1.09d

I say around may 25th since they already have the things made i think there getting close to releasing it
so what does anyone say
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
may 28
... "When it's done." ;)

Actually, I'll go with June 1st, because... it's the first date that popped into my head. :P
The 21st day of Octember.
06/04/2003
... on 20.06.2003. Rather later that sooner, I think... :(
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
The 23rd of never :P
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
When the pigs fly and Druids will stop looking like wussies.
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Lemme see, when did we have the Armageddon planned? Oh yeah, a day after that. ;)
And you do not ask the cost...
2nd of June, 2003. Either that or sometime during the working week beginning 2nd of June.

If Blizzard have any sense (Oops, there goes the logic in the following observation...) then they wouldn't release it on a weekend. To do so may as well hire a team of angry Sumo wrestlers to jump up and down on the servers and then set them alight. The weekends are usually the busiest times, and the server load to accomidate thousands of eagre D2 fans downloading the patch is likely to be extremely detrimental to system stability. At least in the week there'll be those who are working and won't be able to download it until they get home in the evening, and it's not like the whole world is working 9-to-5 at exactly the same moment.

And of course if Blizzard had a little more sense then they'd forego tradition and put the patch up on ftp.blizzard.com and the other mirrors at exactly the same time they allow it to be automatically downloaded from Battle.net, as opposed to an unspecified date after. That way, if B.net starts to slow down, the automatic response from those getting the patch will be to head of the Blizzard's FTP server or another mirror and get it there, keeping the pressure nice and easy on poor old Battle.net.

And if they don't adopt a similar strategy to this, then they have all the sense of the roadkill that my sister ran over today.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
When they(blizzard) say it's a week of waiting it will take about a month. B)
Hi,

I don't really know, but I'll probably be able to get lift tickets in hell first.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

December 25th 2004.

What? It's Christmas, the time of miracles! ;)
1.10 is a myth! A farce! A sham! It does not exist and never will. It's like a giant April Fools joke that went out of control. Now they're forging screenshots of "new items" and promising cleaned up ladders and realm play with the hopes that the excitement they're generating will fade with time and fall away, rather than turn to rage when the fans realize that 1.10 isn't coming.

So you go ahead and keep holding your breath, and when you're all blue in the face I'll call the paramedics. But don't say I didn't warn you ;)

--Copadope
It'll be the 7th of June, as 7 is my lucky number :D

Kier
What is this life if, full of care
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
The same time Duke Nukem Forever comes out.
Is grace enough to build a bridge once burned, to fill that which is hollow with the substance of virtue,
Though the wings of a dove have wiped a tear from my eye, my tongue has fanned the flames of transgression,
But love suffers long and rejoices in truth, and this imperfect creation is striving none the less for that which is eternal...

- Hopesfall - The Broken Heart Of A Traitor
Kryn,May 13 2003, 06:43 PM Wrote:The same time Duke Nukem Forever comes out.
lol, wasn't that game supposed to come out 5 years ago?
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
I think they will release it when there are no more secrets to be told on the front page of their websight and the 12 year olds clog their forums with top to bottom 1.10 spam. :lol:
And still probably wrong. :)

They will release it . . . when they are good and bloody ready to! As usual.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete