The Lurker Lounge Forums
What would you think of.... - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurker Games (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Diablo II (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: What would you think of.... (/thread-11574.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

What would you think of.... - LavCat - 03-06-2004

The communal accounts were fun. I would love to see them back again! How can we address the question of access/passwords?

Meanwhile I just created a Lounge account on east with a fairly obvious password. I figure an enchantress is always useful, so I made a sorceress to get us started.

What would you think of.... - Taem - 03-07-2004

Obi2Kenobi,Mar 6 2004, 09:11 AM Wrote:I feel it is time to ressurect it. Of course, all the characters have expired to timeout. :( Time to start over for 1.10 :)
I've been playing this Freezadin on the USWest account I started on and off all day now. I'm not sure of the exact "shared" rules of this account so I took the liberty to assume the following until told otherwise:

1.) Not Twink
2.) Not Rush
3.) Play with basiners or lurkers only; I played solo games until I got tired of that and did public games :P
4.) Of course, no cheating!

Now heres my dilema. I have had the worst run of luck and have not had a single set or unique drop. The paladins entire equpment consists of all rares, except for the amulet I just found that is terrible :D . Despite my no twink advisory, I gave the paladin a Duskkeep helm, Venomward armor, Sigons Belt and Gloves. If you feel this is "cheating", then take them off the paladin and put them in his stash and re-equip his original untwinked gear in his stash. I will take back the gear I twinked over if that is a problem.

What would you think of.... - LavCat - 03-07-2004

I believe what we were doing before was to let the person who created the character make the rules for that particular character. In other words, if you say it should be "no twink," then it should be no twink. If not, well, that's fine too!

On east, meanwhile, the enchantress finally has Enchant and Teleport. Here are the rules I would like to make for her:

1.) No twink, no rush. The idea is that she will be enchanting others, so in that sense, and in that sense only will it be a twink.

2.) She can use whatever she can find or make or buy. If she is playing with a peer, and the other hero finds something in the same area that she could use and wants to give it to her, that is OK.

3.) Allocate no skill points except to Enchant and its synergies until Warmth, Enchant, and Fire Mastery are maxed.

4.) Allocate stat points as seems best. I would suggest no energy, but that is only a recommendation.

5.) Swap out equipment as opportunity presents. Right now she is using a javelin and shield.

If you really can't figure out the password, then please message me.

Edit: spelling.

What would you think of.... - Obi2Kenobi - 03-07-2004

Quote:3.) Play with basiners or lurkers only; I played solo games until I got tired of that and did public games 

You can play with whomever you wish.

For the others (except the cheating, of course), it's really up to you. Lavcat really got it correct, the person making the character sets its destiny, but "They're more guidelines than actual rules." :ph34r: (we need a pirate smilie)

What would you think of.... - Obi2Kenobi - 03-08-2004

I managed to kill off Freezadin... There is a lesson to be learned here. Freezadin died at the ripe young age of 34. Always remember to refill potions before going off to fight Andariel in NM. *kicks stupid Tainted (or whatever they are called... level 4 monsters).* Fortunately, I got some of my loot back... Including the General's Tan Do Li Ga (50% slow, very fast speed), Duskdeep, and Venom Ward. The looter, did, however, take a liking of the two Sigon's pieces.

What would you think of.... - LavCat - 03-19-2004

On the other hand the enchantress I made on east is still there. No one else has played her. Perhaps I made the password too chalenging. The account is Lounge/lurker. She is currently eighteen.

I fear we may not have enough of a critical mass for the project at this time.

What would you think of.... - Ultimate_Power - 03-19-2004

Well, I do believe passwords are too hard. I think we should do what we did last time, assign one person the password and have people pm him/her for it. This way, people who wish to mule items onto this account will not be ripped off or will have the account stolen.

What would you think of.... - Obi2Kenobi - 03-19-2004

That's how it's set up on West. A few people have the password (myself and MEAT, not sure if the others whom I forwarded it to still know what it is...)

What would you think of.... - Taem - 03-20-2004

Last time I logged in, all the hardcore characters were dead :D . No worries, thats what hardcore is for, however for those whom play softcore exclusivly, I'd suggest not trying out the shared character in hardcore for your first time. Hardcore is a LOT different from softcore; more caution, more points into vitality which means better attribute placement, constantly dying characters on the realms = less hard to find items in hardcore then softcore, and of course there is that whole death thing too :P . So I'm not sure how those two hardcore characters died or even if they were accidently deleated, but I just wanted to give a foreboding note to be cautious in hardcore.

What would you think of.... - GrassDragon - 03-23-2004

Hope you dont mind but I started a poison necromancer on the USEast *Lurker account. I dont post here often, im basically just a lurker :ph34r: so you probably dont know who i am. anyways, i dont care about twinking or anything like that, whatever is good.

What would you think of.... - LavCat - 05-31-2004

I just checked the account, and sadly PoisonNec is dead. Dead as in expired. BoltyClone, the enchantress, is still there -- alive and well, and has not been hacked. No one has stolen her rare javelin! No one seems to have been playing her much either.

What would you think of.... - lfd - 06-01-2004

LavCat,May 31 2004, 11:01 PM Wrote:BoltyClone, the enchantress, is still there -- alive and well, and has not been hacked.  No one has stolen her rare javelin!  No one seems to have been playing her much either.
Well, I just finished a mammoth playing session where I managed to get her from the dry hills waypoint all the way to... the far oasis waypoint.

Don't you just hate it when the random maps gang up on you? :)

What would you think of.... - lfd - 06-06-2004

Hmm, is there a thread somewhere that could be updated by people when they do something with BoltyClone? Someone's advanced her on a bit to level 19, and she now has a horadric staff and a few more waypoints than she did before.

I was going to use her in a basin game to help a sorc and a zon through Act 2, but having opened a chest and seen a pair of bloodfists drop, they were snatched from under my nose by the other sorc - without a word - and didn't appear in town. Not being in the mood for an argument, I just left.

What would you think of.... - Len Darker - 06-06-2004

<_<

I opened a new char on the USEast *Lurker account to supplement BoltyClone, a necromancer named BoltysArmy. I plan for him to be a skelemancer, later on (mid-nightmarish) adding a few revives for more damage.

Would be glad to be playing with BoltyClone at the same time...I think that's even possible, as long as both characters never end up in b.net chat at the same time (or in the pre-game-joining-void). That is, one char must be in a game before the other may login as well.

Len Darker,Jun 6 2004, 06:36 PM Wrote:Would be glad to be playing with BoltyClone at the same time...I think that's even possible, as long as both characters never end up in b.net chat at the same time (or in the pre-game-joining-void). That is, one char must be in a game before the other may login as well.
Yeah, that's right - although I'm not 100% sure what happens if someone else tries to log on with the same character, which I suppose will only be a problem if either character gets popular. ;-)

It would be good for the Boltys to get into a game together, possibly with other Bolty* characters at the same time. ;-) BoltyClone is (I think) at about the Arcane Sanctuary at level 19, although with enchant on his skeletons it wouldn't take long for BoltysArmy to catch up.

Actually, BoltysArmy is Level 16 now, and in the Dry Hills (just picked up the cube, too). Skeletons are neatly powerful, and I had a fairly fast trip through Act1 (While I opened Cain, a couple others explored the catacombs already, so I got to go to Act 2 pretty fast).

What I'd like to see on BoltysArmy would be Raise Skeleton maxed first, then Skeleton Mastery. If you concentrate on those skels, they can tear through virtually anything. =)

I'll call it quits for today...I wouldn't want to block this char all the time. :)

What would you think of.... - LavCat - 06-06-2004

lfd,Jun 6 2004, 03:18 PM Wrote:although with enchant on his skeletons it wouldn't take long for BoltysArmy to catch up.
That was the whole idea!

Len Darker,Jun 6 2004, 08:22 PM Wrote:Actually, BoltysArmy is Level 16 now, and in the Dry Hills (just picked up the cube, too).
Were you playing in a public or AB game? I did try looking for you in AB games, but didn't see you.

I've been playing public since day 1...I wouldn't even know about the Amazon Basin game names and stuff (besides, I am based on Europe - I don't even have an account on East. Well, anymore, at least - there were times back in D2C when Europe was practically unplayable from my provider ;-).

Anyway. You can reach me through email: ebuhler (-at-) gm - squared . de

I live in Germany, so if you want to play with _me_ personally, please keep the time zones in mind. ;-)

EDIT:

I've been playing a bit more. He's level 18 now (just a tiny bit until his next level-up, too), and he just liberated the staff from the maggot lair, after activating the far oasis waypoint.

He commands eight skeletons now, due to my having shopped a +3 raise skeleton wand. Each skeleton does 34-36 damage, and is listet with almost 200 life. The stash holds a few smaller gems, and two runes. I haven't played BoltyClone, so I wouldn't know what she has and/or needs, but I guess shopping for a +3 enchant staff at Akara or Drognan could be a good idea. BoltysArmy has saved about 30k gold for doing so (or buying that +3 mastery, +3 raise wand when it hits the shelf).

What would you think of.... - lfd - 06-08-2004

Len Darker,Jun 6 2004, 11:20 PM Wrote:I've been playing public since day 1...I wouldn't even know about the Amazon Basin game names and stuff (besides, I am based on Europe - I don't even have an account on East. Well, anymore, at least - there were times back in D2C when Europe was practically unplayable from my provider ;-).

Anyway. You can reach me through email: ebuhler (-at-) gm - squared . de

I live in Germany, so if you want to play with _me_ personally, please keep the time zones in mind. ;-)

EDIT:

I've been playing a bit more. He's level 18 now (just a tiny bit until his next level-up, too), and he just liberated the staff from the maggot lair, after activating the far oasis waypoint.

He commands eight skeletons now, due to my having shopped a +3 raise skeleton wand. Each skeleton does 34-36 damage, and is listet with almost 200 life. The stash holds a few smaller gems, and two runes. I haven't played BoltyClone, so I wouldn't know what she has and/or needs, but I guess shopping for a +3 enchant staff at Akara or Drognan could be a good idea. BoltysArmy has saved about 30k gold for doing so (or buying that +3 mastery, +3 raise wand when it hits the shelf).
Wow. Public games? You're brave :-) I strongly recommend signing up at the Amazon Basin. I'm also based in Europe (in the UK) and play on US East; they have a presence on Europe (and US West) anyway.

I guess what BoltyClone could do with now is a leaf staff. For the added drool factor, a leaf staff with a +3 Enchant staffmod ;-) I'm going to go and look what runes she has; I think she needs both the tir and the ral, though.