The Lurker Lounge Forums
Awesome names - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lurker Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Awesome names (/thread-6916.html)

Pages: 1 2

Awesome names - DeeBye - 02-28-2005

I was browsing some hockey websites tonight and came across this entry. Xavier Majic was drafted in the 12th round of the 1991 NHL entry draft by the Vancouver Canucks. He never did make it to the NHL, which is really a shame.

How can you have such an awesome name like Xavier Majic and not be the best at whatever you do?

There is a doctor here in town with the last name of Deth. Yep, Doctor Deth. With a name like that he should be a supervillian.

I went to highschool with a kid named Zoltar (I forget his last name). I thought that was just the coolest name ever at the time. My favourite cartoon was (and still is, I guess) Battle of the Planets, also known as G-Force. Zoltar was the name of the main bad guy.

[Image: zoltar.jpg]

Awesome names - jahcs - 02-28-2005

My Dentist is Dr. Sledge.

Awesome names - Griselda - 02-28-2005

Tom Bombadil lives in town here. He's a plumber. :lol:

Awesome names - Savingsupertokyo - 02-28-2005

I went to highschool with a Korean girl named Wa Chi Ho. Coincidentally she was a raunchy ho.

There is a Dr. Hyman in my hometown. Not sure what medical field he's in though.

I forgot about this one. I have a Dutch uncle named Cock. His wife's name is Joke. They live just outside Amsterdam.

Yep, Cock and Joke Vanderbijl.

Griselda,Feb 28 2005, 02:35 AM Wrote:Tom Bombadil lives in town here.  He's a plumber.  :lol:
[right][snapback]69263[/snapback][/right]

I heard that the guy who started Loblaws (giant grocery store chain) was named Bob.

Say it ten times fast - Bob Loblaws.

Awesome names - Butch27 - 02-28-2005

I went to school with a Pat Cox and a Jack Hardcastle. My dentist is Dr. Beer. I consider all three to be very cool names.

Awesome names - jahcs - 02-28-2005

I had a crotchety old Sergeant in my company named Peters. They named their daughter Fonda, after the wife's grandmother.

Awesome names - Munkay - 02-28-2005

When I was a young chap I had a gym teacher named Mr. Savage. Coincidentally he was once an NFL linebacker. Fitting, eh?

Cheers,

Munk

Awesome names - Zafarium - 02-28-2005

DeeBye! Don't you know who Bob O'Billovich is? CFL? You know...

Awesome names - Doc - 02-28-2005

I know a woman whose christian name is Tess Tickles...

No, not a joke.

Awesome names - Baajikiil - 02-28-2005

I had a friend in high school named Sing Won Song(not sure on spelling). He said his father's name was Yu Suk before he changed it. It's too bad he got deported during his senior year :(

My brother saw fit to name his child such that his initials are M.A.D. We always joke about the mad baby coming to visit :)

EDIT: Mee spel gud.

Awesome names - Chaerophon - 02-28-2005

Three words: Vinh The Ho (The as in 'tay', but still, it was never 'accented'!)

Awesome names - [wcip]Angel - 02-28-2005

Although not the name of a *real* person, I always crack a smile when I think of Terry Pratchett's "Rincewind".

[Image: discworld.jpg]

Awesome names - Yrrek - 02-28-2005

Griselda,Feb 28 2005, 01:35 AM Wrote:Tom Bombadil lives in town here.  He's a plumber.  :lol:
[right][snapback]69263[/snapback][/right]

That is supremely cool!

Awesome names - Daemon - 02-28-2005

Back when I was doing my electronics class, I repaired this audio amplifier belonging to a certain Mike Steele. I tought it was a pretty cool name!

Awesome names - Tal - 02-28-2005

I've met a fellow name Charles Atlas. Too bad he's shaped like a Oompa-Loompah. :P

Awesome names - Lady Vashj - 02-28-2005

Advice to parents: NEVER give androgynous kids androgynous names. Poor Chase Childrey wouldn't be mistaken for a girl nearly so often if a) his name was Jason or Mike or something or b ) he got that stupid braid cut off.

(Clothes he can't help. The school where I work and he attends has a uniform code.)

Sydney Poitier is in Chase's class...

Awesome names - Griselda - 02-28-2005

I went to camp with a Rob Steele. I think he must have been destined for a life of crime.

You can go out to eat in Portland at Hung Far Lo. :unsure:

Awesome names - Rhydderch Hael - 02-28-2005

I'm sure I've already made mention of my high school classmate, Larry Larry.