Want to try a great online web game...
An unsupported attack on Kie says to me that France was either expecting England to give it up, or they're trying to give the impression of hostilities. It's the REST of the board that says to me that France is moving agains't England - He's building up his forces in the north and ignoring Italy entirely. That leaves England and Russia as targets, and attacking Russia through Germany seems foolish - Italy should realize that if that succeeds, the France-England alliance is going to be unstoppable, and Italy should take advantage of the situation. Failing that, Italy gets crushed and *I* take advantage of the situation.

Unfortunantly Russia and Italy are making things difficult on me - Russia wants Italy and Austria crushed, while Italy wants Austria crushed and has no qualms constantly disrupting me. I think getting either of them to behave sensibly will be difficult, so I'm also *hoping* for a France-England war to buy us some time.

I'm really hoping the Russian player can be sensible and not take Con - Although he initially suggested it so that his fleet would "happen" to be in Con during the Fall. I see your point about defending Rum, though. I just get nervous having a fleet and army poised right next to me, especially during a risky-for-me move of the Russian fleet through Con. If he does take it I'll have some trouble, but I think I can retake it since my fleet hasn't had a chance to get deployed yet. Of course if he allies with Italy then I'm doomed, but no point in worrying about the unavoidable at this point.

Messages In This Thread
Want to try a great online web game... - by Irre - 02-26-2003, 01:29 PM
Want to try a great online web game... - by Quark - 02-26-2003, 09:02 PM
Want to try a great online web game... - by BanditAngel - 05-05-2003, 01:26 AM