Starting fresh
Sheep,Sep 12 2005, 03:01 PM Wrote:I personnaly want to see all the instances with a friendly group that isn't in a hurry. This is also an opportunity for those already at the cap to make an alt and have a fun way of progressing.
[right][snapback]88910[/snapback][/right]

Hi Sheep! I once grouped with you on Tichondrius in Durotar -- we beat up on Fizzle if I recall correctly.

I just want to add my two cents here. What you've described is what I've done since launch. We had five people start at launch, with instance runs every Friday night. After reaching 60 and not finding enough quality people to group with, we rerolled on Terenas and are now nearly level 50 there.

One thing that helped a lot is to keep at very similar levels. As you become more and more experienced this becomes more important to keep things lively and challenging. This has meant that some with more time to play have had plenty of time to play alts (which I think is healthy).

Since joining with the Lurkers guild on Terenas, we now have about 10 show up every Friday. This includes our original five, plus some older Terenas regulars. I've enjoyed having a bigger pool of players (it helps a lot that the Lurkers on Terenas are great to group with).

The last week or so we've seen a bunch of new people start on our server, all pretty low level. To date they've not been so organized but perhaps some would be interested in your proposal (if you're open to playing on Terenas).

I'd recommend it to anyone -- it's really helped make the game knowing you have a well-formed well-played group to experience all the instances with. The Friday night we've been doing has worked well as it doesn't conflict with the raiding schedule on Stormrage (come on people from Stormrage, now's the time to try out the other side!).We've since added to our numbers on Terenas.

Several of us are also starting new alts to help our later arrivals on the server with instance groups in particular, but there is no substitute for having a regular group on a schedule.

Messages In This Thread
Starting fresh - by Sheep - 09-12-2005, 10:01 PM
Starting fresh - by vor_lord - 09-13-2005, 01:58 AM
Starting fresh - by Sheep - 09-13-2005, 02:55 AM
Starting fresh - by Alram - 09-13-2005, 05:37 AM
Starting fresh - by vor_lord - 09-13-2005, 06:04 AM
Starting fresh - by EspyLacopa - 09-13-2005, 12:34 PM
Starting fresh - by Mavfin - 09-13-2005, 02:37 PM
Starting fresh - by VoiceMan - 09-13-2005, 05:02 PM
Starting fresh - by bonemage - 09-13-2005, 07:27 PM
Starting fresh - by Sheep - 09-13-2005, 08:50 PM