Want to try a great online web game...
BanditAngel,Apr 26 2003, 11:53 PM Wrote:Anyways, I've finally started seeing how the Diplomacy of the game unfolds. England wants me to join France in hitting Russia, but France has been telling Russia that he plans to attack England. It looks like France is trying to play everyone agains't each other. Given his early successes in building a large army, I have to say that he's quite a skilled player. However, I've started my own manipulations, and it seems like things are moving fairly well for me. I'm loathe to say much before it unfolds, however. That always seems to jinx it :) The game is definently a lot more interesting once you understand the social aspects, however. Russia and England seem like decent players - they understand alliances. Italy has been seriously over-agressive, and while he understands offering support I don't think he understands alliances. Austria was a late joiner, and never really had a chance to form meaningful alliances until Italy provoked me in to shifting my attentions. She's doing a good job with her situation, however.
Poor Germany. He never had a chance. That's highly unfortunate for anyone whose board colour isn't naturally blue - you (all of you) needed Germany as a buffer against France/England and there isn't one any more.

I can see that you've come to some kind of accomodation with Austria, which I think is a generally good thing. Austria's doing well to still be alive, though that life is due more to Italy and Russia mucking up their offensives than to any kind of defensive ability. You probably should have supported Bul to Gre or Smy to EAS, though. AEG-ION is interesting, but if you knew of Austria's move to ADR, you'd know that AEG-ION wouldn't make a difference.

France and Russia have one opportunity next turn for a stab on England. Next turn. After that, it will either be impractical for France or impossible for Russia.

One of two things are going to happen. If England and France combine to kick Russia out of Ber, then it's time to rally the rest of the board and lock up the line until they see reason or agree to a six way draw. If France and Russia run England out of Kie, with appropriate moves by France, namely A Spa-Mar, F LYO-Spa(sc), and F Bel-ENG (or A Ruh-HOL, F Bel S A Ruh-Hol), then you can go on.

Italy's aggressive, but I wouldn't say too aggressive. He's playing Italy "fasta", under the Italy theory that claims that an aggressive Italy is the only way of winning as the little green men. Certainly, an aggressive Italy carries a higher chance of elimination, but simply being in the game isn't the same as a win.

Messages In This Thread
Want to try a great online web game... - by Irre - 02-26-2003, 01:29 PM
Want to try a great online web game... - by Quark - 02-26-2003, 09:02 PM
Want to try a great online web game... - by Skandranon - 04-29-2003, 05:32 AM