Want to try a great online web game...
And just when I think things are falling nicely in to place, Italy backstabs me, and blows his own attack.

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~cbattey/diplomacy/

At first I was bewildered as to why my attack didn't succeed, until I noticed that little Italian fleet got stupid and attacked Greece. I think he was expecting me to move Greece in to Serbia - But by my understanding of the rules he would have just cancelled the attack, not actually taken Greece. At least this way I hold Greece agains't the fool, who has now shown his true colors.

Russia's failure to support his own attack on Galacia means that Austria is just as strong as before, thanks to a quite intelligent defence, the Italian backstab, the Russians lack of support, and Italy's interest in supporting France instead of his own attack.

*Sigh* - I hope for the best and get the worst while you expect the worst and get such nice results :)

What I want to know is what the heck that Russian fleet in Rumania was doing holding instead of supporting the attack! This isn't looking good for me at all, since Austria and Italy are most likely both my enemies now, and with moves like that I'm thinking Russia really might not be my friend in all of this...

And I really want to know what was going on with that Italian move on Greece, that just seems stupid - It signals VERY hostile intent, and it couldn't have succeeded. Maybe he just wants to keep me out of Austria?

Messages In This Thread
Want to try a great online web game... - by Irre - 02-26-2003, 01:29 PM
Want to try a great online web game... - by Quark - 02-26-2003, 09:02 PM
Want to try a great online web game... - by BanditAngel - 04-20-2003, 10:26 AM