Want to try a great online web game...
I'm waiting for the Fall '04 results to come in, but this is what happened in Spring...

[Image: 1904April.jpg]
Turkey went Civil for the turn. Austria exploited it and blew the Turk force in Rumania away. Italy crapped out a bad set of orders that creates a half-Bosphorus, half Let-Me-Rust-Away-Until-Somebody-With-A-Bigger-Navy-Nails-Me situation.

And France gave up the Mid Atlantic to cover his north coasts directly. I can only guess at what's France's long-term goals. He can't do crap against Italy (no fleets in the Med). He appears to be coming to Germany's aid in getting the Austrian out of Munich, but his defense of the north against Britain has seriously cracked under the hammer.

I had three options against France: A> support, and possibly standoff, an attack on Brest, to either gain Brest or stave off a French attack on the Channel. As much as he may fear me, I fear that France may try a dislodge of the English Channel unit to accomplish two aims: secure the DMZ for himself, and disrupt any convoy action I may undertake against France or the Iberian peninsula. B> Hope France went defensive with his fleets and opt instead to gamble with a probing attack to either Iberian nation: does the French stay in Spain or move to Portugal? Does my guess win me a Build for next Spring? Or think long-term and land my army in Gascony, thus threatening Brest, Spain and Marseilles? Or C> Surprise everyone by bypassing France, convoying to North Africa, and make my break into the Med by nabbing Tunis?

I still think France is crafty enough to recognize a good defense in a strong offense. He's gonna go for the Channel. Hence, I focus my attention on Brest.

The orders submitted for Fall 1904:

F Eng - Bre
F MAt S F Eng - Bre

Two possibilities: France makes for the Channel with F Pic-Eng with Brest support. This in turn gives France the Channel, and I get Brest (and a Build) in turn. Losing the Channel is a small price given that I can build a unit in London to defend her, and with a Fleet heading into the North Sea, it is a small matter to evict the French from the Channel next go. Second possibility: France attacks with Brest, or goes defensive. Result is a standoff, my defense of the Channel is complete, and I have reinforcements en route for a second try.

F Hel - NtS
F Nor - Nwg
A Swe - Den
F Ska S A Swe - Den

A Wal - Yor

A not-too-subtle gesture of non-aggression to Germany, giving him the hint that he better focus south instead of killing himself on a pointless two-front war. The game's polarizing between Red and Blue, and Austria has more Armies than I have Fleets. I can conquer all I want on the northern shores of the continent, but without a break into the Med, I can't penetrate in depth through Europe. I have to get through France to do it, first. I can't afford to have Germany crumble under Austrian guns (I mean, c'mon. I did all the dirty work, and ol' Austria can best exploit the spoils). So, I use Germany as a dam against the Red tide while I loop in from the west.

Heck, given how neglected Moscow's going to be, I could probably sneak through and snag it. Convoy my Army sitting on the home island over to Norway, then St. Pete's. Get a Fleet in on tha Baltic, then sneak A Den - Liv and take Moscow.

Given the possibility that Germany and Turkey may have negotiated for Moscow already, I should have moved F Nor - Bar in anticipation of having to support my Army into St. Pete's to protect it. But I do need to get the wagons rolling west, hence the move to the Norwegian Sea.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.

Messages In This Thread
Want to try a great online web game... - by Irre - 02-26-2003, 01:29 PM
Want to try a great online web game... - by Quark - 02-26-2003, 09:02 PM
Want to try a great online web game... - by Rhydderch Hael - 04-19-2003, 10:55 PM