Want to try a great online web game...
Well, Russia just said it wants to hit Budapest while I take Serbia, so I think my course of action is pretty much settled. My thoughts with moving in to Albania was to prevent Austria from retreating to there (it didn't occur to me that a coordinated attack was going to take out all three supply centers, thus finishing them off). It would have also been a bit better of an anti-Italian position, but I'm not going to do that when Russia wants me to hit Austria.

As for being a new player: I'm learning a *lot* just by playing, and none of this discussion made sense until a couple of turns ago, just because I'd never really played and understood any of the strategic thinking involved. Not to mention that the only way to get better at the diplomacy aspect is practice :) The only advice I can offer is not to overextend yourself, since I already did that once and it hurt. Also, be careful with your wording. A crafty player will pervert your wording and try and use it agains't you - I lost Rumania because I didn't know either of those :)

Anyways, it seems like A Gre-Ser, F Aeg-Gre, A Bul S A Gre-Ser is my best bet, but I don't know. I could attack from Bul instead, but I'm feeling paranoid about leaving myself open to a Russian backstab with a move like that. Still, attacking from Bul would be a better position to take out the Italians, and attacking from Greece tells Russia that I'm not feeling very trusting. Should I worry about Russia?

Messages In This Thread
Want to try a great online web game... - by Irre - 02-26-2003, 01:29 PM
Want to try a great online web game... - by Quark - 02-26-2003, 09:02 PM
Want to try a great online web game... - by BanditAngel - 04-14-2003, 06:42 AM