how to avoid beeing pked
phaedi,Mar 2 2005, 04:46 PM Wrote:why is hydra a good pk spell?

Because the caster doesn't have to be anywhere near you to kill you with it. From my experience of public games back in 1.09 you could also find yourself lagged up completely whilst your computer dealt with the 60,000 piles of 1 gold that the hydra pker had dropped around the waypoint, too. I lost a sorceress that way.

Quote:what means YMMV?

It's an abbreviation of "Your Mileage May Vary", which in turn is normally used as a shorthand for "This is my experience of the situation, but yours may be different".

Quote:what is scroll hack?

Using a third-party program to target you from way off the visible screen.

Quote:first: on europe servers it seems to be quite nonexistant.
second: leveling is slow there
third:ive played so far in pubby games, i want to reach my lvl 90 pubby.
there have to be some strategies against these pkers, we dont have to hide, isnt it?

If you're playing hardcore, you have to make the tradeoff between "slow, safe levelling with a friendly looter where you don't have to worry about people ninja-grabbing the drops" and "fast levelling where someone uses a third party program to get all the drops and then you get pked and lose your equipment as well as your character" ;-)

There isn't a huge amount that can be legitimately done against people using illegitimate tactics, sadly.
You don't know what you're talking about.

Messages In This Thread
how to avoid beeing pked - by phaedi - 03-02-2005, 11:44 AM
how to avoid beeing pked - by lfd - 03-02-2005, 11:58 AM
how to avoid beeing pked - by Occhidiangela - 03-02-2005, 01:33 PM
how to avoid beeing pked - by phaedi - 03-02-2005, 04:46 PM
how to avoid beeing pked - by phaedi - 03-02-2005, 05:11 PM
how to avoid beeing pked - by lfd - 03-02-2005, 07:27 PM
how to avoid beeing pked - by whathuh - 03-03-2005, 10:25 PM